Oprah doing a show on male victims of sexual abuse

by Lady Lee 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I got a messages fro Donald D'Haene who wrote Father's Touch about his experience with teh JWs and his abuse. and was a member here - well still is although he no longer posts here.

Here is the info

The Oprah Winfrey Show is working on a program that will be specifically for men who were sexually abused as children. The aim is to address the issue in a way that they've never done before.

Winfrey is passionate about helping the world understand the pain, shame and stigma that goes along with being molested. She also wants to help millions of male victims in this world heal.

Hence she is bringing together 200+ men who have been molested with the intention of discussing the issues as a group.

Donald D'Haene, author of Father's Touch, is honoured to be one of those men. They are flying him down for the show taping in Chicago on October 20. Air date to be announced.

• Nice_Dream
    Nice_Dream

Sounds like a helpful show. Thank you for posting. Sent you a PM.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

If anyone wants to know more about Donald's story or book you can read at his webpage http://www.fatherstouch.com

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

bttt

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

still waiting for the air date from Donald

• funnyface
    funnyface

bttp

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Hi Lady Lee,

I watched Oprah today and she announced the show about men who were victims of sexual abuse will be on November 5.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Great good news Thanks

• Violia
    Violia

I just saw Tyler Perry tell his story of physical /emotional abuse from his father and being sexually molested by at least 4 times, 3 men, one man a neighbor, one a male nurse, one a minister. The woman was a his friends mother, I think. It was hard to watch . His mother has passed and he waited out of respect for her to tell the story. He has an aunt who supported him. His father is still alive.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I just got a message from Donald D'Haene. He says the taping of the show was awesome.

In fact it was so good that Oprah is airing it in 2 parts. Nove 5 and Part 2 a week later on Nov. 12.

Donald D'Haene is an ex-JW who was sexually abused as a child by his Witness father and is the author of "Father's Touch"

http://www.fatherstouch.com/index.htm

Father's Touch has also been turned into a short film

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit