I don't believe my boyfriend is 100% committed to this religion. How to handle?

by herlovelyworld 62 Replies latest social relationships

• garyneal
    garyneal
    It's definitely not "the most" Christian group of thinking, but it doesn't necessarily mean they play with babies, goats, passed out people, or shoot people at random.

No, they'll just simply deny a child a blood transfusion even if it means the child dies as a result. The WTS proudly martyred their child victims in 1994.

It's as if without the religion... our personality fits perfectly.

My wife and I are the same but the religion really DOES matter in some instances. The holidays, for example, are strenuous when they should be absolutely memorable and enjoyable. They would be were it not for this cult making her feel guilty about wanting to celebrate them.

If he's not committed to this, what's to say that we couldn't have a normal, healthy, relationship should he give it up for his own reasons?

Nothing, just make sure he does NOT believe it is the truth. If he does, he's damaged goods as he will always feel guilty about doing anything that you would consider downright normal or even trivial.

Oh, and please understand I'm not arguing or being rude at all. I'm honestly here for opinions, no matter harsh. I'm a big girl, and a smart one at that.

Try reading what happened to another poster, marriedtojw. Ten years he was with a witness woman, they have kids together. Now they are getting divorced and his zealous witness wife is giving him pure freaking (you know what).

• garyneal
    garyneal
    And why is a smart, hot young gal like yourself even contemplating virtual relationships? Get yourself a tangible guy and tangible with him.

Trust us, you're better off without the baggage and he will be better off too.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

As for ex-member recidivism, we know that there are now more EX-JWs in the USA than there are JWs. Each year, about 10% of JWs become inactive or are disfellowshiped.

But the strange thing about this YHVH viral meme is that whenever there is FUD (fear, uncertainty or doubt) - or sometimes just the sound of distant thunder - an XJW will pause for just a microsecond and wonder if it is the end of the world. Really! As a result, a certain number of XJWs make an attempt each year to get back on the Ark (as in Noah's ark) of salvation, which is what they are taught the WATCHTOWER is.

If this sounds stupid to you, it is only because you do not know enough about Jehovah's Witnesses.

• herlovelyworld
    herlovelyworld

I kinda chuckled at the thought of a thunder boom and witnesses everywhere hitting the deck.

In any case! Thank you so much for the advice and info. Lots to think about indeed! I really appreciate it.

• garyneal
    garyneal

Do be careful. It's even harder on women who are unbelieving partners than it is on men since men are suppose to be considered the head of the household. If he's feeling pressure now, imagine the pressure he will feel when he advances to elder and is told that he needs to keep his family (you and your kids) in line.

This can lead him to becoming abusive and controlling.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/best-of/77159/1/The-Best-of-Im-married-to-or-dating-a-JW

• wasblind
    wasblind

"I'm 21. I've been in numerous relationships,"

That my dear, shows you still have a lot of growing to do

slow down, and learn to be more selective. Having known a

few fine gentlemen, is better than having known a whole bunch of bad ones.

• Open mind
    Open mind

"Jehovah's Witnesses have the lowest retention rate of any religious tradition. Only 37% of all those who say they were raised as Jehovah's Witnesses still identify themselves as Jehovah's Witnesses."

http://pewresearch.org/pubs/743/united-states-religion

Best of luck to you.

om

• pirata
    pirata

Are there any statistics as to the percentage of people that leave, and then go back? I'm very curious as to how often that happens and how common it is.

Currently about 40,000-50,000 are Disfellowshipped each year and about 20,000-25,000 are reinstated each year. So about half that leave go back. However, that doesn't include those who have faded (stopped attending, but were not DF'd), or those who get reinstated (in order to have a somewhat more normal relationship with their family) only to fade right away.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Jehovah`s Witness`s are Bat Shit Crazy..

Good Luck!!..

http://ny-image1.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.93309105.jpg

.......................... ...OUTLAW

• pirata
    pirata
    we’re talking oral sex here

He could be disfellowshipped for that if the elders know (even married couples are not allowed to do that, believe it or not) as is it considered fornication.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit