Ridiculous JW Story - Just Remembered

by mentallyfree31 11 Replies latest jw friends

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

I just happened to remember this ridiculous JW story that involved the elders/WT rules at my former congregation. For many years, there was a building immediately next to the KH. It was a local businessman, and after several years he converted it to a part time church. He was a nice older gentlemen, there were never any problems or disagreements between him and the JW's that I can remember.

Over the years, several JW's would regularly park on his property at meetings. We had adequate parking, but sometimes it just happened that certain ones would park on the corner of his property. This went on for years. One day, his church planned a special revival to be held on a Friday night (there are no JW meetings on Fridays). He approached the elders and mentioned that there may be a 8 to 10 cars that he wouldn't have space to accomodate on his small lot. He asked if they could park on the KH parking lot. The elders said no. I was present for this conversation. When the elder got back into the car, he informed he that the elders had received a letter instructing them not to allow such things.

I didn't say anything, but I was furious when I heard this. We had been using his property for years...i repeat YEARS. And he decides to have one revival in 10 years on a night when no JW meetings are held, and they elder tells him no. But what could I say? This was God's organization...made up by the smartest, most loving people on earth?

:-)

LOL

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

self righteous s.o.b.'s

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

That story makes me laugh, cry, and be embarrassed - all at the same time.

Please God, I hope I was never that ignorant to people.....

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

Yep. That is definitely cringeworthy. And JW's think they as a group are so kindly and generous. NOT!

V665

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Would not want a passerby to think that the KH was at all affiliated with the church, would we?

-Aude.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Watchtower religion is the exact opposite of Oneness. These people will never make the ascension. It's Phariseeism to the max, they are exactly who is being spoken to in Isaiah chapter 29. They are drunk and blind, but they think they have the inside track to God. Man are they in for a surprise. This may not be a serious issue like refusing someone medical attention.... or an almost comical one like not giving a shit if a guy was a serial killer but looking to disfellowship him for smoking reefer.... but if there was a diametric opposite to the Good Samaritan it would be any one of these assholes. I think we really have to feel sorry for them. What a miserable existence.

~PS

• BlackTwisted
    BlackTwisted

Wow....this changes what i think about JWs a little bit...O_o

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "One day, his church planned a special revival to be held on a Friday night (there are no JW meetings on Fridays).
    He approached the elders and mentioned that there may be a 8 to 10 cars that he wouldn't have space to accomodate on his small lot. He asked if they could park on the KH parking lot.
    The elders said no. ..."

What a lovely witness for Jehovah's loving kindness....

I'm sure that the evil, worldly church people were so impressed with the warmth and good will shown to them by the Jehovah's Witness elders, that many of them converted to the Watchtower Society within a week....

Sort of like all those people [in Italy after the earthquake; in Haiti after the earthquake, etc...] who received aid from the Watchtower Organization - as long as they accepted a Bible Study™ with the Witnesses first...

I'm sure THEY must have converted within a few weeks, too...

Zid

• Hadit
    Hadit

Infuriating for sure. A blatant lack of love. On the bright side - there was a church full of people that I'm sure were told what happened. They in turn will tell others and the loving attitude of the witnesses will be spread far and wide. It may have helped keep some away. Let's hope so.

• trueblue
    trueblue

I wonder if the JW's that parked on his property ever thought to ask him if it were alright to park on his property before they parked on it, I doubt it.

Reminds me one time in a trailer park some JW's were parking in our parking spaces to study with our nieghbor and my younger brother put a note on their car saying something about them being all almighty and all but these parking spaces are reserved for us no count bla bla bla.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit