Unbelieving Mates; YOU MUST read this!

by fokyc 34 Replies latest watchtower bible

• fokyc
    fokyc

This is from the November 2010 Kingdom Ministry pages 5 and 6;

it is a 20 minute item on how members of the congregation should assist Unbelieving Mates!

http://www.box.net/shared/mzjkpiijgj

You should expect the visits etc soon!

• yknot
    yknot

Yes indeed! All you UBMs can start making your topic of conversation list up now...... Xmas is coming a month early for yall!

It will be very interesting to see if local JWs take up this 'call'........

(hmm ......maybe it is time to change the gate code at my place again......)

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

It should be Titled..

"How to Con an Unbelieving Mate"..

Pretend to be interested in them..Don`t preach..

Spend time with them..Don`t preach..

When their guard is down..

Start introducing them into the JW Cult..

WBT$ Covert JW Cult Tactics..

It`s all very Decietful..

From an Organization that claims to be The Truth..

..................... ...OUTLAW

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

It never ceases to amaze me how crazy this looks when viewing it unbiased. A handful of years ago I would have done this part as if it was nothing. After reading that though it really does make this organization come off as a cult. Its somewhat frightening. If any other religious organization were to print something like this and I came across it, I would say these people are nuts. But in this case, its my own people. Its crazy!!

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I take it that they shouldn't be telling their unbelieving mates that they will die if they don't become a JW?

Snoozy

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I had the same impression as misery, it's been so long since I read any of the literature that it was somewhat shocking reading this. When I was in I wouldn't have thought anything about it, but now it seems creepy.

• sd-7
    sd-7

Wow. In other words, trick the unbelieving mate (almost always a male) into believing we actually care about him and what he's interested in, then, wait till he's really upset about some specific tragedy, and when his mind is most vulnerable, then...drop the hammer, suck him in, and bleed him dry. Take the warning, you are being set up, unbelieving mates. Heck, they asked if they could do a shepherding call on me, through my wife, and I'm an evil heretic! So how much more danger must you unbelievers be in! Granted, they didn't ask for the 'shepherding call' because they cared, but then, that's the point. They don't really care about you if you're on the outside; any interest they show will be superficial and limited because you're not 'one of them'. Except for those rare few who might genuinely care--and even they have their limits.

Forewarned is forearmed, as they say.

-sd-7

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

An unbeliever who has not been receptive to a Bible discussion may listen to Scriptural encouragement when he is in the hospital or encounters serious health problems.

If a divided household experiences a crisis, such as the death of a family member, the elders may invite the unbeliever to sit in when they give comfort to the family.

If the !@#$%^ elders preyed upon my UBM father like this, it's doubtful they'd live long enough to mark their time!

~Sue

• elderelite
    elderelite

Misery... one small note my brother.. They are NOT your people.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Misery... one small note my brother.. They are NOT your people.

Breh, yes they are LOL. As much as I'd like to just brush em off like I don't know those weirdos, truth be told I do know them, quite well. People know I'm a JW. People know what I do on Saturday mornings. Like or not we're associated with these people. They are our people.

This article is creepy. Really friggin creepy. Like SD put it, its trickery.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit