Jehovah’s Witness Charged

by Gayle 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Gayle
    Gayle

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/article/jehovahs-witness-charged/418987.html

Jehovah’s Witness Charged

08 October 2010

A Jehovah’s Witness member faces a year in prison over her refusal to allow her son to receive a blood transfusion that might have prevented his death in August, Interfax reported Thursday.

Ilya Orlukovich, 11, was hospitalized in Moscow on Aug. 9 after being hit by a car, and he died two weeks later, a spokesman for the city branch of the Investigative Committee told Interfax.

He said the boy’s mother forbade doctors from offering a blood transfusion because of a Jehovah’s Witness teaching that prohibits such operations. Now the woman, who was unidentified, has been charged with failing to assist a person in danger, the spokesman said.

• 3Mozzies
    3Mozzies

About time!

You let someone die because the cult you're in tells you to = MURDER!!!!

All JWs should be charged for letting their child die, this should happen world wide, it's one thing for you to allow yourself to die (stupidity) but how dare you let your child die.

This dangerous cult needs to be shut down, it gets my blood boiling!

• Nice_Dream
    Nice_Dream

Wow! They should sue the society for making its members adhere to such dangerous practices too.

• Hadit
    Hadit

How sad - that poor boy! He died needlessly for a cult. That mother had it in her power to save him. She FORBADE life saving treatment for her OWN son! It is murder. Unfortunately, everyone will consider it "vindicating Jehovah's name" and call it persecution if she goes to jail. All the more to prove to themselves they have the truth because the world doesn't accept them. They will rejoice. How twisted, sick and vile.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Now, I would recommend charging the leaders with first-degree murder. One count of murder per person that dies solely as a result of their stupid policies, whether it be the blood or because they put their lives in danger trying to serve Jehovah. Also, one count of obstruction of justice per case where they knew a pedophile was in the congregation and could have warned others about it, but kept quiet about it and the pedophile pulled his sxxx on another unsuspecting victim. And, the scams they pull every time they announce their mandatory deficit at the final session of every a$$embly. Not to mention, any hounders that threaten with everlasting destruction if you or a child get blood in a medical emergency.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

That's what I like about the French and the Russians; they don't f#ck around when it comes to this kind of nonsense!

• nugget
    nugget

the authorities are right but directing it at the wrong person. After all many of us may once have taken a similar stand because we believed it was god's will. This poor woman has lost a son for nothing even now she may not appreciate that.

The society is totally to blame for this and should be held responsible for this and other deaths resulting from it's warped doctrine. After all if it is gods will they should have no fear defending their position in court and giving a "fine witness".

• freddo
    freddo

Poor child; wretched mother; wicked Watchtower.

Where was the father?

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

A tragedy for the boy and for the mother too. They are both victims...The blame lies in Brooklyn.

I wonder if things might change a little in Moscow now that the city mayor has been replaced by the Kremlin?

• St George of England
    St George of England
    That's what I like about the French and the Russians; they don't f#ck around when it comes to this kind of nonsense!

Whilst I fully agree with the sentiments expressed on this topic, why didn't the Russians make the child a ward of court and proceed with the transfusion and save the childs life? That has happened in the UK.

George

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit