The Journey to My First Post

by ReallyTrulyAthena 32 Replies latest jw experiences

• ReallyTrulyAthena
    ReallyTrulyAthena

Thanks to you both again, scarred & bobld (hugs!)

VampireDCLXV - thank you for your kind welcome. I think it's yet another sad commentary on the JWs to observe the high levels of depression, neglect and loneliness within the ranks (and the tragic cases of those who take their own life due to such). Supposedly, we were 'the happiest people', right? Do you remember being at the KH thinking "Where? I don't see any happy people. I certainly don't feel it" or "Surrounded by many - yet, for all they care - I'm cast to the wind". You nailed it with "emotional vortex" - that's a great turn of phrase to truly capture what it was like! Indeed and amen to that.

jamieblowers - thank you, glad to be here. I got choked up, too. Last night after posting, me and the memory of that shy young girl had a long comfort session. She's still part of me, and at times I have to remind her that everything's going to be all right.

Chalam - thank you and my blessings to you as well!

chicken little - thanks for my welcome. It's so nice to be understood on those 'many levels'. My love to you.

I look forward to having more discussions with you all. Peace!

• KingDavidwasframed
    KingDavidwasframed

RTA,

I read your experience with understanding and will share it with my daughters. Welcome to the board and REAL freedom - freedom of your mind and to serve who you want, and IF you want.

• goldensky
    goldensky

Dear ReallyTrulyAthena, I really enjoyed your story. Your hability to express yourself in writing is just amazing!!! You've gone through a lot. I'm very, very glad for you that you seem to have found a measure of happiness and a number of people who really care for you. Welcome to this forum! Lots of love to you. I also wanted to say your Mum must have been... just wonderful.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit