Another LIE in December 8th Awake page 28

by Sherilynn 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Sherilynn
    Sherilynn

Earnest,

The only conviction the WT has is to brainwash people to believe they are the only channel Jehovah uses. I could go on and on with material that they have twisted to sound like one thing when in fact the "facts" their own old literature tells it very differently that is being presented in an article. Such as the bible students in the early 19th century understood and preached Christ invisible return in 1914. When I called Brooklyn on this again being printed and why it upset me. When I was studying in the late 70's I had read a similar statement and took it hook line and sinker, Gosh they really must be the true religion to know in advance during the late 1800's that Christ return will be in 1914, WWII, signs etc. So in the early 21st century I read this again and realize the double speak that the early bible students believed Armageddon was to happen 1914 and Christ's invisible return was believe to have happened in 1874; but that is not what this simple paragraph was saying, you would only apply it to present understanding in 1979 or 2000 that invisble return was 1914 was the start of the signs, WWII, etc. and hear they were telling me it was known and preached in late 1800's. This is manipulation, intellectual dishonest to the max.

When I started checking the references to quotes about published articles and saw how they just changed the dates to their own dates, yet making it appear that the article quoted the same date, now since when do you quote an article about artifact found in desert and that the age was about time of the fall of Jerusalem but change the article date of 586/587 to 607, but no mention of changing the date, so of course any innocent JW would just assume this is what the article they quoted stated. Would it not be more honest to make a note to this change.

I could go on and on but I will say that I will go to a WT Study when I can read an Awake or Watchtower that does not have a manipulation of fact printed in it. In fact one more point when I came to realize that 1914 was arrived at by changing historical date to their own agenda, I talked to my book study conductor, he referred me to an elderly JW who had many books. I was told to get a book on bible chronology and right now I can't remember the name of the book, it was one that WT referred to often, but the only date that matched correctly was 539 and it went on to support 586/587 for the fall of Jerusalem. So I copied it and returned it advising both that it did not support 607. But like many JW's they didnt want to hear the real truth, would rather drink the koolaid and not make waves. Saying where will I go? I said that is not what Peter asked and I am not going anywhere, I have not left God only an organization. They never tried to sit down with me and go over my questions and answer my questions, I was quietly ignored and now just shunned. No running after that one lost sheep as so often said from the platform. I said I would not try to pull others from the Kingdom Hall but if I was asked why I no longer attended, I would certainly tell them why.

I will continue to speak up when I can to those who inquire of me or others that may want to learn and grow, but most importantly I will continue to honor God above men and uphold God's Integrity to worship him with Spirit and Truth. I earnestly ask you to at least check the references and quotes for yourself and actually read them; you just may find that the scales may fall from your eyes.

Peace & Love,

Sherilynn

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

That's not the only chronology that the Watchtower blatantly lies about...

THE 20TH YEAR OF ARTAXERXES
    AND THE "SEVENTY WEEKS" OF DANIEL
    © Carl Olof Jonsson, Göteborg, Sweden, 1989. Revised 1999, 2003.

http://user.tninet.se/~oof408u/fkf/english/artaxerxes.htm

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

If you look in the back chapters of "All Scriptures", one is talking about pivotal dates and makes a big deal about all the secular historical records that pinpoint the fall of Babylon in October 4/5 539 BCE. They list the different archaeological records that are in agreement. Yet, they have to reject those exact same records for any dates before that time because it wouldn't correspond with Chuck's crazy numero-pyramidology. When you start playing with history, lies beget more lies and they have to pick and choose what they accept as "truth" from historians, but then discredit the same historians as "worldly anti-Bible Satan-followers" if the facts don't agree with the JW way of cooking the books.

And simply put, any untruth is a lie... unless Watchtower is telling the untruth, in which case believing their untruthz is vital for salvation.

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

In the Vol. 1 Insight on the scriptures, page 205, The very "Babylonian Chronicle British Museum 21901" they quote from, proves they lied when they said Assyria fell in 632. It plainly says Assyria fell in 612.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

RAY FRANZ put the honest TRUTH onto the AID to Bible Understanding Book, for all to see who would look.

Do you remember the Chinese proverb =

"When a wise man points at the Moon, a fool will look at the finger?" I saw many articles on chronology or where dates are mentioned, Franz leaves the original data. If the seeker will only look further.

Thus the contradictions between the date Nebuchadnezzar took Jerusalem in secular and Biblical sources are "explained away", yet looking through the Aid book it is possible to unearth what is going on.

Under "Nebuchadnezzar" it is pointed out the he had his dream "in the second year" of his reign (taken to imply the second year after he bacame king of Jerusalem) "acually referring to his 20th regnal year" ( of course the Bible states the regnal year that Nebuchadnezzar took Jerusalem. This is carefully avoided mention.

HB

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

They quote the book, Light From the Ancient Past.

Here is what it has to say on page 219

Here it is at Google Books

I suggest you get your Dub to type 587 into the search box too.

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

Even funnier if you type 607, blacksheep. Only thing that comes up is the dimension of a stadium...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit