MYOB!!!

by VampireDCLXV 11 Replies latest jw experiences

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

For those that don't know, it means Mind Your Own Business. I often wonder if the Borg have any clue as to what that really means. It's bad enough that they stick thier noses into your personal beliefs, but it's even worse when they nose into your personal business that has nothing to do with belief.

Case in point: My mother would get into my face anytime she found out about any run-ins I had with traffic cops, be it speeding, using a radar detector, fender benders, etc. I feel it's none of her business. I'm sure it relates to her thorough indoctrination with Borg teachings.

What do you all think? Any stories?

V665

• undercover
    undercover
    My mother would get into my face anytime she found out about any run-ins I had with traffic cops, be it speeding, using a radar detector, fender benders, etc. I feel it's none of her business. I'm sure it relates to her thorough indoctrination with Borg teachings.

Moms will always be moms, no matter how old you are or where you are. I'm not so sure that her concern over your driving habits are more than what any concerned mother would show.

But - you are right about people in the congregations, be it elders or just busy bodies, sticking their noses in your personal business that has nothing to do with WT teachings. And yes it is related to being indoctrinated by the bOrg. They have set up a "spy on your brother" culture so even if no one is watching you, you feel that you might be seen or "caught" anyway.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

That depends on whether you expect 'Mom' to bail you our or not...doesn't have anything to do with 'The Borg'...

I know people that gripe about how nosy their in-laws are. When they have spent all their money on junk/goodtimes..they go to Mom or Dad with an open hand and say "Please help me". What else is a parent to do? We don't want you moving back home..lol

It gets pretty irritating when a grown kid insists that fun/ being irresponsible and disobeying the law because they think they are above the rules and regulations that are set out is more important than paying the electric bill and then go whining to their parents..

Snoozy..

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV
    That depends on whether you expect 'Mom' to bail you our or not...doesn't have anything to do with 'The Borg'...

No, I never did expect anyone to bail me out of anything, not even my parents. I will accept full responsibility for my own actions and that is that. I hate it when others go beyond that, thinking they have to take resposibility for the actions of others who should know better...

V665

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

My mom was concerned about the family reputation and how would other jws feel if they found out.

• Ding
    Ding

The WTBTS considers everything to be their business, including what you are thinking...

• mamalove
    mamalove

Everything is their business, including your sex habits, eating habits, drinking habits, clothing. I am surprised thong underwear have not been outlawed.

• undercover
    undercover
    I am surprised thong underwear have not been outlawed.

I'm sure that someone can tell you that they've been counseled on their underwear.

Without divulging how I know, I do know that questions about what kind of underwear a sister was wearing during a moment of weakness that led to a subsequent Judicial Committee meeting have been asked. It was implied that the kind of underwear worn gives an indication of how "loose" someone might be willing to be...

• mamalove
    mamalove

I actually had a sister pull me aside once and tell me that she could see through my dress and could even see my underwear. I had on a yellow dress, AND a slip that was skin color, and the same flesh tone underwear, so I do not see how in the world she could tell that. All women know if you wear flesh tone under garments, that it is almost impossible to see through clothing, so I am not sure what that was about. She was the type to put a scarf over her knees so when she sat down, her knee caps would not turn on any brothers working the mikes.

• ambersun
    ambersun

I feel it's none of her business.

Yes, you are right. What our adult children get up to is none of our business and they are responsible for their own actions, but this in itself doesn't stop us Moms worrying!! It is only natural to interfere if we know something is wrong, especially if we feel our kids are doing something that could put them in danger like driving recklessly.

I'm sure it relates to her thorough indoctrination with Borg teachings.

Yes, we know the Borg indoctrinates the parents into believing it is their right to control their childrens' lives so that they don't do anything that will bring the precious Organisation into disregard. Maybe your Mom is worried about appearances in the Congregation, but regardless of that I still think she is just behaving like any normal caring Mom, regardless of religion.

We Moms can be irritating, interfering, nosey old bats sometimes, but it's only because we love you

However, I could fill a book with stories of control within the Congregation when I was growing up in the '60s. As the daughter of an Elder my life was everybody's business! Even my Mom's Bible Study seemed to think she had the right to dictate to me who my friends should be. Believe me, it was a nightmare!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit