Odd Deconstructive Moment in the Dec 2010 Awake

by Cadellin 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ssn587
    ssn587

here! here! no one should expect the R&F dubbies to use much common sense as it is not allowed, Critical thinking skills are a thing of the Past just listen to the idiots behind the curtain.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I don't see any increase in earthquakes. We get a spike of them, then it quiets down for a while before getting another spike in them. This is simply because a big earthquake disrupts other fault lines throughout the world, increasing the chance that a past-due earthquake will happen there. Once they all get triggered, there is no longer any stress in these faults, and the earthquakes stop until more stress builds up. Simple.

What has happened lately is that news is everywhere. You get an earthquake in 1906, it took weeks for the news to reach remote corners of the earth. You get one now, it's right there in about 2 minutes. You got an earthquake in 1906, people had the telegraph and hand written letters to report it to people in other parts of the world. A quake in China would not be reported outside the immediate area. Communications were disrupted, and they had to write up a report and hand deliver hard copies of it to major cities in the world. You didn't have satellite communications, video cameras with battery power and satellite links, and Internet connections in other parts of the world. You didn't have someone post it on AOL News and have it online for everyone to see in 2 seconds.

Yet, the witlesses want "There will be earthquakes as there always has been" to mean that there is an increase in earthquakes, and therefore the end is imminent". Business as usual means the end is at hand. What they ignore is that the world was headed where it is right now, in 380 AD, into a global totalitarian society. And, if it happened then without bringing Armageddon, it will happen now without bringing Armageddon.

• Sherilynn
    Sherilynn

thank you for pointing our this article. Again the manipulation of words by the WT.

I called them on this one and read together the Heading for the article and the box at the end. When I asked him to explain how they can say More Increase in Major Earthquakes when there is no explanation of an increase, I was told they are not saying that, it just means there will be MORE. I tried to point out more means an increase not status quo and he said no "More just means More", not an increase, just like I ate food yesterday and I am eating more food today. Again pointed our that article is referring to headlines of More meaning increase but actual article does not say that. Now he was getting testy with me and said he was not going to argue with me, and felt he had explained it enough.

I pointed out article in http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/discussion/2010/03/08/DI2010030802570.html

Seismic Science: Is number of earthquakes on the rise?

Dr. Michael Blanpied

USGS Earthquake Hazards Program
    Tuesday, March 9, 2010; 10:00 AM

Dr. Michael Blanpied: A lot of people wonder if the rate of earthquakes is increasing, but it does not appear to be. We have good statistics on the numbers of earthquakes going back years, decades and centuries.

I wish I had their email I would send them definition of "More".

Anyway, told him to pass along to writing department that again they continue to manipulate the written word to their own agenda.

How many years did I just read the headings of articles that I placed in the hands of wordly people, thinking I had done my part and got to mark down my literature count.

Peace & Love,

Sherilynn

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

"More Major Earthquakes Expected"

.......................... ...OUTLAW

• oldlightnewshite
    oldlightnewshite

Lol @ Hamsterbait, that was funny, dude.

They could try 'More wars expected'. Guess what? They'd be right!

I don't know if it does me any good being on these sites... reaffirming what a complete arse-hole I used to be for falling for such bollocks. It doesn't do my self-worth any good, just like those old pics of me with flared trousers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit