Top 10 reasons why JWs don't have the truth - please contribute

by oldlightnewshite 172 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly
    2 members of the GB who were covered up after their homosexuality yet who were never DF'ed

WHOA! Was I asleep on that accusation? Anyone have references to this?

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

curiousbutterfly, there was once a consummate thread on this. Perhaps someone can direct curiousbutterfly to this?

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

They dont have the truth because:

1.- There is no such thing as the truth. (the truth is a fictitious concept, from a fictitious story book)

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly

Thanks Issac I will try and search for it.

• isaacaustin
  • CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly

Thank you, I was just about to post the link I found. :)

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

probably the tip of the iceberg CB, Nathan "Homo" Knorr wasn't just called that for no reason and Freddie Franz' trips to the "men only" sauna's in NYC with his favourite group of young brothers was very well known.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

"The Truth" is a catchphrase that the leadership of Jehovah's Witnesses use all the time. It distorts the meaning. It is helpful to know what the phrase means to JW's in general.

"The Truth" represents the entirety of bible teacings and dogma that are currently taught and believed upon by Jehovah's Witnesses.

There is actually a definition for that in a Watchtower, but I have long ago forgotten which issue its in.

"The Truth" has nothing to do with what is true and false. That's why arguements on the veracity of "The Truth" are pointless endeavors. JW's are just as guilty of believing in their own traditions, (esp around 1914 and other dates) as any other religion.

So they call it "The Truth". Doesn't mean a damn thing.

Are they wrong about a great deal of what they insist is true? Hell yeah! From "Armageddon is just around the corner", to avoiding blood medicine, to their lies about what teachings have changed and why, there is a ton wrong.

So its up to JW's to be honest with themselves. Do they believe what the evidence points to? Or the latest spin that JW leadership puts on it? The trends suggest that more and more that JW's are slowly figuing it out.

• arimatthewdavies
    arimatthewdavies

Here is two,
    failure to use their 6 million votes to take full control of whats on the ballot!

failure to buy fire arms and help police this country run the fricking wicked back to their closets!

yup people theirs lots of things you can say bad about the jehovah wittnesses doing this or that.but if jehovah came right now and said all right wittnesses its clobering time take your stand in the fight, trust me when i say geting the door slamed in you face makes someone remember were you live and you better pray to the dark ugly lord real hard jehovah never says it clobering time! remember how isreal defeated hugh armys? but relax jehovah wittness arent really gods chosen people right? so your not in any trouble.

• sd-7
    sd-7

1. Rules that were unverifiable by scripture (this is what started me on my search--unwritten rules about dating that are imposed on adults)

2. The manner of treating disfellowshipped ones, which seems completely out of harmony with how Jesus treated people--especially sinners.

3. The underlying attitude of arrogance and detachment, even in situations where the Governing Body's decisions caused great emotional or even physical harm.

4. Intellectual and academic dishonesty in Watchtower literature that I personally found, verified by direct research, and even made copies of for personal reference.

5. Involvement with the United Nations as an NGO. The UN kept a letter on its website detailing this, so no one can claim it's a lie; the United Nations has better things to do with its time than pick on a 7,000,000 member religion when they are looking after 6.8 billion people's issues. If anything, that's why they put the letter out there so people would stop asking about it all the time, as the letter itself indicates. Even if they did it for some specific honorable purpose, there is no justification for any involvement with them whatsoever. The fact that they claimed to know nothing of NGO requirements to support the UN charter and publicize UN activities, yet published an article fulfilling said requirements to the letter around the exact same time that they applied to be an NGO--when we combine that with #4 on my list, I'm more inclined to believe they're spin-doctoring (ie. lying) about it.

6. Demanding blind belief in its teachings while simultaneously not claiming to be infallible.

7. Teaching things during the year 1919 that Jesus Christ would never have approved of, then, after the "faithful slave" was "appointed", immediately embarking on a preaching campaign centered on a false prophecy.

8. Declaring things in the name of Jehovah that did not happen. The mark of a false prophet. This is compounded by the organization's falsely claiming that it has never claimed to be a prophet, or never spoken in Jehovah's name. If the latter is true, then why are you called Jehovah's Witnesses? Is there another Jehovah that you haven't told us about, who would encourage this, find this acceptable? If the former is true, how do you explain the fact that a "channel of communication", in your own literature, is spoken of as synonymous to a prophet? See The Watchtower, May 15th, 1955, page 310, paragraph 7. In fact, read the entire article, "Christian Channel of Communication", and try to figure out what the difference is between a "channel of communication" and a prophet. It's a word game, at best.

9. The misuse of scripture, especially to justify error. Proverbs 4:18 is one of the foremost examples of this--a scripture taken out of context to explain why doctrinal changes are constantly needed. The Word of God is to be used only to defend the truth, not to defend why you told a lie.

10. Love WITH hypocrisy. Elders seemed to lack genuine affection, were content merely to police the flock rather than protect it. I always knew what an elder was going to say before he said it, because it was in the Watchtower. It was disappointing to see that these men knew only the law and not the One who wrote the law. They couldn't grasp the spirit of it, which revolved around compassion. They preferred for people to read the Watchtower than to come to them with a problem, and even publicly commented as much. These were supposed to be the best, the examples to the flock, but they were more like business managers and policemen than like friends and brothers.

Now that I think of it, I could give more than ten. That was probably just the beginning. I think I was preparing to leave long before even I knew it. I hope any who are starting to question things will do more than just question and will start looking outside the box for answers. Speaking from personal experience, the answers, while painful, are very satisfying. Every bit of it makes perfect sense--to the extent that one can call it 'perfect sense', that is. That's my ten.

-sd-7

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit