What do you think will be WT doctrine in 10 or 20 years time?

by roguepixel 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• roguepixel
    roguepixel

The world/science/technology and society (not THE society) are changing so rapidly. What does everybody think will be WT$ doctrine and belief in 10 or 20 years time? I'm thinking mainly about advances in medicine and cloning, which were always looked upon as being a cut-off point. Most people I talked to used to say Jehovah would step in before mankind had perfected human cloning. Of course then there's the internet and the impact that's had on the world, also the evolution of human morality (e.g. people having more acceptable views about human rights). I feel the WT$ will find that they'll experience shrinkage (in the nicest possible way) and will need to change drastically in order to survive and stop the rot.

My personal wish is that all of these advances really Awaken people in general about the usefulness of religion in their lives.

• simon17
    simon17

Its silly to think the WT will shrink from these things. There are literally millions, even billions of people out there who belief in the most irrational of things in the name of religion. People need the guidance even if fundamentalists (some even with PhDs) insist the earth was 6000 years old or muslim extremists insist that killing westerners is what Allah wants them to do. People will belief the JW doctrine. And people will accept it blindly for social reasons. And thousands upon thousands will never question their beliefs. And thousands more will be trapped half inside.

That said:

* The 144k doctrine will change. Its an obvious thing to do. This OR, they will allow everyone to partake at the memorial, even if they are a member of the great crowd.

* Advances in medicine wont help anything. If anything, it will make bloodless surgery MORE mainstream and widespread because its better medically and more efficient.

* This will probably be cyclical but they will loosen up on higher eduction again.

• sabastious
    sabastious

Reformed or disbanded.

-Sab

• bigmac
    bigmac

ive been totally out for 30 years, & all i understand about the WT doctrines is from this site & exjwreunited, in the UK

guess what, as far as i can tell ---doctrine:unchanged

expectations: shifted--armageddon =sometime in the indefinite future

numbers: wow how many now? 6 million? 7 million?

with numbers like that it must count for something ?

no --it just shows a successful sales organisation, staffed by volunteers.

in reply to your question,

no change in doctrine,--- just new scripture twisters.

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

7 million members is still only .1% of the world's population. Not such a 'great crowd' that no man was able to number now are they?

In 10 years, by 2020, I think this decade will focus on tightening the grip on the R&F. They will be in damage control mode around 2014, and getting sighing and groaning for 100 years of Jesus' reign with no end to this 'wicked system of things'. Scaling down more branches and sending more Bethelites out into the ministry.

2020-2030 will be an overhaul again. They will have adjusted the 'generation' teaching at least 3-4 times by then, maybe more. If not, they will have scrapped it altogether. They will continue to stress the nearness of the system and to do more until you drop dead of exhaustion. I really feel that if one doesn't occur between 2010-2020, then 2020-2030 will contain another large exodus of people leaving, ones that are fed up with the continual 'urgency' without let up.

Who knows what will happen, it will be interesting to see how this story unfolds, I do know that within the next year or so, I will no longer be a JW.

• simon17
    simon17

There is no need to overhaul the generation teaching anymore. Its good to go for at least another 60 years or so before its a problem again.

Some people NEED a continual urgency in their life.... so it might not be as much of a mass exodus as you think.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

I also feel that in the future that the generation/1914 explaination will be changed to explain why the end has not came.

• bigmac
    bigmac

i look forward to conversing with you again in 2030, please be patient with me then, i will be 82!

i wonder if i will give a toss about the WTsoc then?

they will , i'm sure , either rule the world

or not exist

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

I cannot believe that they will be around that much longer. I do not see them going another 5 years much less 10.

I see a merger with the NWO agenda and green movement facade as far as US/UK. For the most part they will probably take the $$ and run. I believe they have already been in preparation for new upstart in Africa and maybe some other isolated areas that do not have internet. They may even change their name and doctrine somewhat so as not to be recognized by the current generation.

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

I don't think they'll be gone, in fact, they'll probably hit the 10million mark... by 2020. As for the large exodus part, if 1-2 million leave and they're growth shows a 0 or negative, that's a large exodus to me. I don't mean 5million walking out in one year. I'd love to see that, but that's a little over-optimistic. LOL!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit