Question for current and former elders

by GrandmaJones 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• Scott77
    Scott77
    There is a effort not to announce elders children as disfellowshipped , it could result in deletions & greater work load for the rest of the remaining elders . Again this is only a human thing not an official stance .
    caliber

Yeah, I see the same way. Not to mention the time it takes to train a new elder. Its quiet can be a burdensome task that can stretch over the years.

• Tiara
    Tiara

Nepotism, f avouritism, elitism and money shouts loudest in all the KHs I ever went to. In Horndean UK a group of lads got caught going to a nightclub. One whose Mum was JW but Dad was not was df'd, the one with both parents as publishers also got d'fd. The one whoses father was very rich and an elder got nothing. He still kept his MS status, microphone duties etc! This is my experience

• designs
    designs

It works a little bit like politics, if the elder is considered powerful and influential he can run interference for his kids and wife for awhile, if things get to outrageous then everyone ends up in the backroom.

• DanaBug
    DanaBug

There is a effort not to announce elders children as disfellowshipped , it could result in deletions & greater work load for the rest of the remaining elders . Again this is only a human thing not an official stance .

This is true, but my sister and I were turned in by our Elder dad and df'd. So there are some who try to be um....impartial, I guess.

ETA: and yeah, he was deleted afterwards.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Danabug and Tiara welcome to the forum. Look forward to hearing your stories. Tiara I attended a cong in Waterlooville for a while back in the early 90s...I hated it there actually...I remember how the 'money' talked for different affluent bros.

Loz x

• DanaBug
    DanaBug

Thanks, Loz. I'll admit I've been lurking for a while, but my nervousness about posting has passed. Yay!

And a huge thank you to whoever got this site started and everyone who shares; you all have opened my eyes even more.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

My experience of this is basically what most have said that generally (there are exceptions obviously) children of elders get off lightly while everyone else doesnt. E.g, an elders teenage son who was my best friend at the time "confessed" a light sexual encounter with a sister to me. Being the zealous serious spiritual asshole I was then, I gave him 7 days to tell his PO dad,... otherwise I would.Im not going into details here as it could identify me.

He didnt, so i took it to the elders, big fuss, big hoohar, net result is he denied any such conversation took place and I was made out to be a liar. Daddy knew the proceedures and advises sonny to best advantage. That cover up kind of shit shakes your faith in the system. He had restrictions for 6 months after, but is now an elder and pioneer and was at bethel for years doing the golden boy routine. It makes me sick.

It goes on all the time.

Cheers

• watersprout
    watersprout

I know that strange people hard to deal with are often skipped so they don't have to deal with them.

LMAO! We NEVER got a shephering visit! Thats the reason why... Lol...

Peace

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit