I just got a phone call from the branch office....

by ex-witness 61 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ex-witness
    ex-witness

I just received a phone call from the local branch office. The person on the phone asked me if I was serious about my letter of disassociation and if I knew what that implied. My response

"Of course. It means my mom and dad will never talk to me again because you have brainwashed them into believing that your organization is the truth. It means you'll never come to my home and bother me with your lies and propaganda. It means you will consider me an apostate as I will do everything in my power to tell people the REAL TRUTH of your false doctrines and the scandals, cover-ups, and outright lies you perpetuate. Is this correct?"

(Stammer)"Uh... thank you."

Is it normal for them to call you for the first time in 12 years only if they get a letter saying you don't want to be contacted. (Which was in my letter.)

• sabastious
    sabastious

That's odd that they would call you out of the blue.

-Sab

• ex-witness
    ex-witness

Yeah, as the I sent (over 2 months ago) SPECIFICALLY STATED not to contact me in any way.

• yknot
    yknot

Maybe the Brother recognized your name........

• sabastious
    sabastious
    It means my mom and dad will never talk to me again because you have brainwashed them into believing that your organization is the truth.

Even if it were the truth there is no reason to shun. They have brainwashed your parents to believe that shunning you is their ONLY option.

-Sab

• littlebird
    littlebird

I gosh, I hope I don't get a call. You handled it very well.

• lionpaw
    lionpaw

ex-w

your response was silly.

why didnt u just leave without having to 'write a letter' and make a point of making it official? then u get a call and get all the more defensive.

on top of that you post on here your little rant. really?

why bother with all the sheninegans?

• lionpaw
  • Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

ex-witness,

That was a great response. I'm very surprised the branch would call. That isn't normal procedure. The branches usually treat "special blue envelopes" as just so much paperwork to file. How did they get your number? Are there serious problems in the local congregation that would lead the branch to suspect "renegade elder syndrome" or something?

• thenoblelodge
    thenoblelodge

Me thinks lionpaw and ex-witness know each other.

hmmm where's poopsie I need popcorn.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit