He Loved Her, by Snowbird

by compound complex 19 Replies latest social entertainment

• compound complex
    compound complex

He Loved Her

From the time she was a faded-denim-overall/flannel-shirted-wearing 3rd grader until she was a bell-bottomed-jeans/embroidered-dirndl-top/Afro'd teenager.

When they graduated high school and went their separate, fortune-seeking ways, he loved her.

Hundreds of miles apart, lonely and sad, each let their bucket down into the well of life and drank warily of its contents. Yet, he continued to love her.

Forty years, two marriages apiece, kids and grandkids, he still loved her.

Divorcing, retiring, selling out, cashing in a 401k, moving back down South - home! - the love was still there.

A double wide planted by the side of the road leading to his parents' cemetery, a couple of golden retrievers, a tentative foray into county politics, love for her persisted in laying close to his heart like one of his grandma's sweet-smelling quilts.

Then came the news. Widowed and retired, she was returning to the country - home!

New skirting and awnings for the double wide, flowers and shrubbery for the half acre on which it sat, new appliances and a window box for the herbs she knew and grew so well! He loved her!

Syl

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Hundreds of miles apart, lonely and sad, each let their bucket down into the well of life and drank warily of its contents.

Jack and Jill went up the hill

to fetch a pail of water....

• snowbird
    snowbird

Georgie Porgie, Puddin' and Pie,
    Kissed the girls and made them cry,

Tee hee hee

Syl

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Syl,

Where there's life and love, there's hope, though the love may appear one sided.

Your story has special meaning for me, dear lady ...

CoCo

• snowbird
    snowbird

It has special meaning for me, too.

Some of it applies to yours truly.

One day, I will write about it.

Syl

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Such beautiful prose!

BTS

• snowbird
    snowbird

Thanks.

Syl

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I'd love to write artistically like that. I think there is a romantic in there somewhere.

BTS

• snowbird
    snowbird

LOL.

His name is Sam.

Syl

• snowbird

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit