Atheists Excel in Religious Knowledge

by whereami 10 Replies latest jw friends

• whereami
    whereami

Amen to these comments.

"Goes to show you... If most people knew anything about religion, they'd be atheists."

"It's easy, the more you know about religion, the easier it is to become an atheist.?"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2Vxuaga_pA

• whereami
    whereami

Waiting for all the fundies to come on and say that the PEW research people don't know anything and that they're all probably Atheists.

But when PEW had info on JW's that put them in a negative light these same people love to quote them.

• moshe
    moshe

The clergy are counting on the fact that their membership doesn't want to know the facts about their religion of choice.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Atheists Excel in Religious Knowledge

Unfortunately, even though we all have horns to toot to make us feel superior compared to others, there is at least one atheist I can think of that doesn't excel enough to check the thread history before starting one on the same topic for at least the third time.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/members/politics/199615/1/Who-are-the-most-Religion-Illiterate-on-the-Knowledge-Survey-Surprise

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/social/current/199552/1/U-S-Religious-Knowledge-Survey

But hey, never drop a chance to beat your drums and wrap yourself in a cloak of smarmy superiority, right?

Waiting for all the fundies to come on and say that the PEW research people don't know anything and that they're all probably Atheists.

You are no better than the fundies you criticize.

Amen to these comments.
    "Goes to show you... If most people knew anything about religion, they'd be atheists."
    "It's easy, the more you know about religion, the easier it is to become an atheist.?"

I am a believer, and I will pit my religious knowledge against yours any day of the week, and twice on Sundays.

BTS

• beksbks
    beksbks

LOL

• whereami
    whereami

Sounds like I've struck a nerve with someone.

• whereami
    whereami

Actually "Burn", I did check the thread history. The reason I posted this was for the video which the other threads didn't have. I just though someone would like to have seen it.

Next time I'll ask you if it's ok to post.

• tec
    tec

Hey, as a believer, I scored better than most of the atheists did, so well... there you go.

Tammy

• whereami
    whereami

Great Tammy!!!! See it is worth debating Atheists here on the forum. You actually learn something.

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr

I don't believe this has anything to do with atheist superiority. Most atheists appear to be ex-theists. Just like x-jws know on average more about JW doctrines and practices, ex-theists know more about God and religion. It's just the advantage of having seen things from both sides.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit