Witness Dfed, employer fires employee

by isaacaustin 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Ok, what happens in the case of a person being Dfed who works for another witness, if the witness fires him/her for being Df? Let’s assume the Df person wants to get back in. Many times a person who is Dfed still believes in the org…and feels guilty so would not file an unemployment claim. But, if they did, would the elders look at it badly if the Dfed person did file a claim? And would that get in the way of their reinstatement?

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I've heard of this happening before. The employer was instructed not to fire the employee for getting df'd but if there is ANYTHING that the employer can find that can justify the firing of a df'd employee, that he should do it.

Basically if someone wants to fire you, they can find a good reason for it eventually.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

I see. So the elders would tell the employer to not fire until something justifiable occurs?

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Right, or until a "justifiable" reason can be created.

• thenoblelodge
    thenoblelodge

That's a tuffy....bit like dog chasing tail syndrome.

If Dfed person wants to go back then he/she probably won't do anything because it will go against them when they go for reinstement.

If Dfed person doesn't care about being reinstated I reckon they will do whatever it takes.

In the UK you can take a person to court for unfair dismissal.

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

Back when I got DF'd I was working for a JW employer. After DF, a week later I was 'let go' because they couldn't allow their conscience to talk to me at work and act like everything was okay.

Stupid Cult members. Of course, it was a third job at the time so I didn't mind the nights off.

• blondie
    blondie

Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 prohibits discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment, on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or national origin. This law is enforced by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC).

http://www.dol.gov/dol/topic/discrimination/ethnicdisc.htm

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly

Thanks Blondie I was about to post that. DEFINITELY against the law and the person can sue.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

So, let me make this scenario..assume the employer is a hardline JW and decides he wants no association, even business, with a Dfed person...so he fires the Dfed person. The Dfed person files an unemployment claim. Would this claim get in the way of the person's reinstatement attempt (assuming they want to come back)...since it would reflect badly on the org.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

or further, along the lines of Blondie and Curiousbutterfly, if the Dfed person decided to sue their ex-employer for wrongful dismissal- would this get in the way of their reinstatement?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit