untitled

by misguided 4 Replies latest jw friends

• misguided
    misguided

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/199594/1/long-time-lurker

This post got me thinking about just how long I lurked before I posted. I was df'd, but was ready to return. I had corrected my "brazen" conduct and was thinking about going back. But something told me to google what I intended on going back to.

When I first stumbled upon this site I was angered about what I read negatively about the ORG. However, being a 4th generation JW, I quickly came to the realization, the truth was, they were right. The "truth" is nothing but a "snare and a racket," and that that I had been duped for 35 years, and shunned for 2 for nothing but a lie. I laughed at the satire of some posts. I cried at the pain of other posters for what they had to go through and knew they were telling the truth, because I had experienced some of the same. Then I cried that I had lost my whole belief system.

I had to rebuild myself. Redefine myself.

It took me 5 years of lurking before my first post.

I was thinking, just how long did it take most of you all to make your first post here?

• snowbird
    snowbird

7 years.

Syl

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I depleted all the reading of many sites about the JW's and all that held my interest still was TALK SOUP at freeminds.org. I read for just a couple of months before posting.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I lurked for five months or so.

I didn't "join" the site until I had submitted my DA letter.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Two years.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit