Blondie's Comments You Will Not Hear at the 09-26-10 WT Study (DEEP THINGS)

by blondie 14 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

Thanks for your comments. I learn from them every week.

Blondie

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Holy spirit? What "holy spirit" directed the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger to decide what "a generation" is? And they keep changing it. Each time, they are certain they are right and expect people to stake their lives on it, only to change it again. And this time, they have started stringing "generations" like Christmas lights. What holy spirit taught or inspired that?

By contrast, I am going to make a simple definition of what Jesus meant by "a generation". Jesus spoke those words in 33 AD, and he meant "The group of people alive when those words were spoken". That definition will remain stable, and is easy to understand. Of course, I can't use it to scare you into a cult, because the final end was in 70 AD, and that was 1,940 years ago. Hence, the end isn't immediately ahead but almost 2,000 years ago.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

A simple message here for the flock.....Ignore what we say and you are fighting the HOLY SPIRIT..and you don't want to do that, do you?

A thinking person might ask though, If these doctrines were directed by H/S, wouldn't they be correct first time? after all, the spirit is Holy, isn't it?

The Gov Body say in Par 10 "

When the time comes to clarify a spiritual matter in our day, holy spirit helps responsible representatives of “the faithful and discreet slave”

at world headquarters to discern deep truths that were not previously understood. (Matt. 24:45; 1 Cor. 2:13) The Governing Body as a whole considers adjusted explanations. (Acts 15:6) What they learn, they publish for the benefit of all. (Matt.10:27) As time goes on, further clarifications may be needed, and these too are honestly explained.—See the box “How the Spirit Revealed the Meaning of the Spiritual Temple.”

They pick a particularly harmless and dull example. They have said before that they sit down, discuss it, pray about it think and pray some more and eventually if they agree, they print "New Light"

Q] Obviously they are human so have thoughts that are not Spirit Directed - How do they know which ones are and which are not ? Is it a special feeling?

Apparently not, since they often change doctrines. Since The Spirit cannot lie, it must mean that the men were mistaken when they attributed that idea th The Spirit. ......So it is their human judgement whether or not The Spirit is operating at any time.

So all their doctrines are based on Human reasoning since they have to decide whether it was The Spirit or another one of their bad ideas...

Hmmm .

BTW I loved Blondie's expression " the constipated way the WTS does statistics?"...classic !

• flipper
    flipper

BLONDIE- Good thread. I like this quote " all this material deepens our appreciation for spiritual things. " Translation : " All this material deepens our appreciation of cult mind control indoctrination by the WT society. " Just figured I'd tweak that to a more accurate statement ! LOL ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Thanks Blondie!

The commenting at the local KH was very weak this week. I agree with searcher that this lesson sounded very Gnostic, that the GB has special, secret knowledge. Their example in the box about increased understanding of the difference between Paul's meaning of tent and temple was a crock. Why didn't they use the most obvious example of their increased understanding of "this generation" that they've consistently had to trash.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit