Matthew 10:28

by Ding 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

designs: Ding, were you a Witness, check out the Reasoning Book.

Designs, if any of you have left the WT because of lies and deceit, then why do you still refer to their publications for your answers?

A bit like returning to vomit if you ask me.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Matt. 10:28 teaches not the potential immortality of the soul but the irreversibility of divine judgment on the unrepentant.

^ So they are saying Matt 10:28 is figurative?

That the "soul" referenced in that scripture represents your "eternal life"?

Correct?

-Sab

• Mythbuster
    Mythbuster

Cameo, because he asked how does the WT interperet...

• designs
    designs

Cameo, I was answering a question.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Mythbuster: Cameo, because he asked how does the WT interperet...

Thank you. I stand corrected that I did not read carefully enough. My apologies, Design.

Still, I would like to see the ex's seek other sources for interpretations and answers in order to search more deeply and have more than one frame of reference to consider.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

The issue of soul and spirit is an old one there has always been some "confusion" about their qualities and what they share in common.

Can the soul be killed? Yes, the bibel states this.

Can the spirit be killed? No, it goes back to God, always, at the death of the body, just as it enters the body at the time of birth.

Is the soul immortal is really the question and the answer is whether one views immortal and eternal as the same.

The soul can die, as such it is NOT eternal, but if the soul is NOT killed, it can be immortal ( live forever) as long as it is in union with the spirit.

The thing is, while soem passages of the bible make it clear that some writes though there was nothing after death, other viewed it different, much different.

It seems that there was a "progression" of sorts in ancient man's view of the afterlife and what happens there.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Chalam, you have a PM.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit