Those silly MORMANS! They believe that they are going rule their own PLANET!

by sabastious 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

Nice try, Mormon- read your preface where it identifies the True God as Jesus, and ask any mormon if the Holy Ghost is part of the Trinity- one of the Godhead...

The immortality of the soul (the essence of Satn's lie to Eve) is enough, the questionable accounts of your archaeology means little.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

The "true God" is Jesus. For a more detailed Hebraic view of God, pick up a copy of Margaret Barker's The Great Angel: A Study of Israel's Second God. The LDS view of the Godhead is that Jesus is Jehovah. When Adam sinned in the Garden of Eden, the Father (Elyon or Elohim) could no longer communicate with man directly, but needed an intercessor. That intercessor was Jehovah (YHWH). When the Earth is glorified and redeemed, Jehovah will return it to His Father, having fulfilled His stewardship. Jehovah is the supreme judge of both man and nations, but John informs us that the "Father judges no man, but has committed all judgment to the Son." Jehovah is the beginning and the end, while Jesus is the Alpha and Omega. Jehovah, in Zechariah, reports that the Jews will look upon "Me" who they had "pierced."

Thus, Jehovah and Jesus are one and the same.

As far as the "questionable accounts" of our archaeology, that's your call. The Jews and Muslims can reject anything they wish, as well.

Regarding the "immortal soul," the JWs have little to argue on as it's quite clear that the early "first century" Christians believed that human beings had spirits. Peter recounts: "For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit." (1 Peter 4:6) How can the gospel be preached to the dead who are living according to God in the spirit if they don't exist? And Peter also was conflicted. "For I am in a strait betwixt the two, having a desire to depart and to be with Christ...nevertheless to abide in the flesh is more needful for you." (Philippians 1:23-24) Paul, likewise, stated that he would "rather to be absent from th body and to be present with the Lord." Paul also knewa man "whither in the body...[or] "out of the body, I cannot tell." (2 Cor. 12:1-4) And the disciples asked the Lord, "Master, who did sin, this man or his parents that he was born blind?" Jesus never corrected them or said, "Ye do err not knowing the scriptures," he answered that neither sinned, but that the works of God should be manifest in him. In other words, they not only believed in man having a spirit; they believed that man lived prior to his earthly existence. Jerimiah was told by the Lord: "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and befor thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee to be a prophet unto the nations." (Jerimiah 1:5) Not only did the Lord know him, but He ordained him to be a prophet.

The Watchtower and Awake! magazines both like to talk about the Bible "clearly" teaching this or that, but the immortality of man couldn't be any clearer than it is in the scriptures. All those "scriptures" from Ecclesiastes were written by a man who, if they were written by Solomon, came from a man who had fallen out of favor with God. He had introduced heathen worship into Israel through his idolatrous wives -- wives who were not given to him by God, but who were part of political treaties. His polemics had to do with philosophy ("under the sun"), not eschatology.

But you can believe as you wish.

• Rabbit
    Rabbit
    But you can believe as you wish.

Yep, and I don't anymore. Religion is really tiresome, like both of you. Mormon Steel & Mad Dubbed = different shades of grey.

• sabastious
    sabastious

This thread is not supposed to be about Mormanism.

It's about feeling sheepish when I made fun of what Mormans believed when my beliefs were just as radical.

-Sab

• avengers
    avengers

The Book of Moron

Think I will read it.

I mean the "morons" get three wives, the muslims get 99 virgins,

and what do I get? a little bit older and deeper in debt?

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

I worked with Mormons for many years. By the way, 'Mormon' is a nick name. They like to be called 'members of the church of Christ and of latter day saints.' Some mouthful, hu! They were squeaky clean; no smoking, coffee or alcohol. You also have to give a tenth of your income to their church.

They encouraged education. They organised a social life for the youths within the church and arranged regular dances and outings, so they could find suitable partners. They were kind principled people who treated me very well.

They were tolerant of my views, as I was a JW at the time. I was also single. They told me that very rich young women in salt lake city were looking for English men to marry. If I wanted they could make an introduction and get me set up. The drawback was I would have to get baptized into their set up and move to the USA. No alcohol for the rest of my life, can you imagine!

I was living away from home on my own and the firms boss was like a father to me. They were tolerant people. I was a pioneer at the time and they had no issue with funding my ministery in direct competition with theirs. I lived in East Grinstead Sussex - the 'Mormon' center in the UK. They have their temple there.

My impression was that they were a much better organization to be a part of than the JW shambles. It's a shame their heads are full of Joseph Smith's nonsense. Still, many of us fill our heads with some kind of nonsense and often our bodies with varies poisons in the name of leisure. They are deluded people but live lives that suggest to me that wholesome delusion can be an advantage.

I was tempted to defect to their set up but did not believe a word of their religion. Also, I am not a herd animal and value my independence too much.

• Albert Einstein
    Albert Einstein

I see "Jesus" on the middle guy, I see "Ptah" on the right-hand guy, but who the heck is "Astar Saran"??? And why are there UFO's floating near the two end guys???

The picture is from the "Universe People" religion. It is the only true religion and if you join it, you will be saved. Ashtar Sheran is the captain of the UFO fleet (invisible) waiting around the Earth for the right moment to save members of the "Universe People". The reason is that the Earth will be destroyed soon, since it is now under the influence of the wicked (invisible) exaterestrials.

It is quite popular here in Czech republic, I send you link so you can join it and this way be saved:

http://www.universe-people.com/

But hurry up, because the destruction of the Earth was supposed to take place in 2002, and is delayed, so it could be here every moment...

Albert

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Universe People....coool. Do the saved get to rule their own planets?

Oh, and why does Ashtar look like Legolas? When the Elfs left Middle Earth, they went to Valinor....is Valinor another planet?????

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit