What the Pope Knew--CNN 9/25 & 9/26; 7 and 10 pm CST

by blondie 13 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

CNN will air worldwide an hour long special investigation this weekend about the Pope's involvement in priest pedophile cases.

One hour special report, "What the Pope Knew," airs on Saturday Sep. 25 and Sunday Sep. 26 at 7 and 10 p.m. CST

Compiled by the CNN Special Investigations Unit, the program, "What the Pope Knew," will run this Saturday, September 25 and Sunday, September 26 at 7 and 10 p.m. CST.

For more on the special: http://www.webwire.com/ViewPressRel.asp?aId=122331

Link to story today on CNN.com and video:

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2010/09/23/deaf-victim-of-sex-abuse-is-suing-pope-and-going-public-with-his-story-for-the-first-time/?hpt=C1

• yesidid
    yesidid

Gotta watch that!

Thanks Blondie.

• blondie
    blondie

thanks for noticing, yesidid. Seems no one else is interested.

I see a real parallel with the WTS and any laws or policies that get enacted because of this, will benefit victims of the WTS.

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

hopefully one day they will do one about the wts. they are so small, i dont know if it will ever happen.

• blondie
    blondie

Here are some videos done in the past about WTS abuse.

http://www.silentlambs.org/education/multimedia.cfm

• yesidid
    yesidid

It's on now, please watch.

• yesidid
    yesidid

btt

• yesidid
    yesidid

You are absolutely correct Blondie (as usual).

There are so many parallels between the Catholic Church and the WBTS, particularly in how they both protect their own image at the expense of children, innocent little children.

As one of the victims said; may they go to hell.

• ziddina
    ziddina

I just finished watching it; missed the first half because it came on at 6:00 in our area instead of 7:00.

VERY hard-hitting; named names and dates and places and exposed the lack of response - or insufficient response - of the Catholic Church.

Also - that bizarre "red tape" problem that the sexual offender priest has to VOLUNTARILY agree to be removed, in order for the Church to defrock him??? And that 'kink' in the red tape allowed many a sexual predator to continue functioning as priests???

Unbelievable... Oh, wait... Having seen the "Two Witnesses" rule amongst the Watchtower Organization, I can see how bureaucratic nonsense gets in the way of swift justice... Or allows for coverups and foot-dragging...

At least the Catholic Church has another option - the "Church Trial" which can cause an offending priest to be "laymanized"... BUT the guy is STILL present in the congregation, apparently...

Then the part about that priest who was editor of a [CHURCH!] magazine that printed articles regarding 'same-sex' marriages, birth control, and so on??? HE was SWIFTLY removed from HIS position, because [the idiots] thought HE was more of a "threat" than SEXUAL PREDATORS preying on the children of the Catholic Church!!!

However, the program did point out that the current Pope DID attempt - as far as he could within the rigid hierarchy of the Catholic Church - to expedite the removal of sexual predators...

Unfortunately, it was too little, too late...

These imbeciles have their heads up their arsses almost as far as the Watchtower Gov.Bod...

I sure would like to see another special on the current status of the Watchtower Org.'s pedophile situation... Probably won't happen until another MASS of JW paedophilia court-cases pile up...

• ziddina
    ziddina

This program has just started, in case anyone wants to see it - or see it again...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit