I raised my hand...I was the only one who hadn't smoked

by crazy2try 20 Replies latest jw friends

• crazy2try
    crazy2try

I was with a group of my co-workers. We work with people who have addictions. One woman in our huddle was going off about how everyone in the room as tried weed. I smirk....Everyone nods their heads and little stories start being told by everyone in the room. When it came my turn, all eyes on me...I raised my hand and said "I must confess I have never smoked weed, I don't even know how to try." The one who started the conversation laughed and said "I beleive it."

It was all in good fun. But dang, what have I missed.......

And no matter what I am different and will always be....People look at me and know I was raised a goodie two shoes....I guess I can't shake off the JW upraising. It is on my face and in my eyes. I have thought about getting peircings and tatoos,but I don't think that will even hide it.

• laverite
    laverite

I have never smoked anything. Nothing -- no marijuana or cigarettes. Not one puff. I have asthma so that's probably a very good thing. I think smoking is nasty.

When my kids are grown and it's legal, maybe I will try marijuana in some kind of food. The reason I mention this is that I saw a news program the other day on the new ice cream marijuana line. Mmmmmm...ice cream. They said a half pint or a pint (can't remember) was like smoking eight joints...or something like that. I'm tired and it's late.

Going to bed...

• megs
    megs

I was a goody two shoes... I tried pot for the first time at the age of 35, and I didn't like it a bit! So I don't think I missed out

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

You're not alone, I haven't tried any illegal drug either, to be honest I'm not really one to follow the crowd anyway, so even if i wasn't raised in the Cult, I don't think I would've done drugs anyway.

You must be younger than I since you're considering piericing and tatoos, once you reach a certain age, you'll get comfortable with yourself and just won't give a rats ass what anyone thinks about you.

• 3Mozzies
    3Mozzies

I have never smoked ANYTHING!

It doesn't interest me one bit.

3Mozzies

• MsDucky
    MsDucky

I tried marijuana when I was in my teens. It made me so paranoid. Everyone else was chilling, having fun, and having "the munchies". I was wondering when I was going to come down off the awful high. I didn't like it; so I never smoked it again. But, I did start smoking in my mid 40's. When I got older (in my 20's), I liked beer, wine, rum, and cognac. Going through menopause changed that. Drinking anything alcoholic made me sick. I can't even drink wine.

I did a little research on it and found out that for some menopausal and post menopausal women that alcohol would make the hot-flashes worse and make some other symptoms worse; so I can't enjoy an occasional drink anymore.

Coffee even gives me the jitters now; and I use to drink a lot of coffee. Now, I drink about a 1/2 of cup of 1/2 caffienated brands of coffee once or twice a day.

Getting older, for some people, is a *&^%!

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

I've never smoked anything either

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I have what seems to be an in-born aversion to anything smoking related.

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

I'm saving MJ for my 40's. My policy is to only introduce one new addiction per decade. For now I'm good with the vodka (I never drank a drop until I was 29.) :P

- Lime

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Do you smoke after Sex? ..

http://www.body-language-secrets-revealed.com/images/interested-woman-sign.jpg

I don`t Know..I never Looked..

............................ ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit