An active Witness proudly tells me about Shunning her kids back into the 'truth"

by AuntBee 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• laverite
    laverite

Shazam!

• Pandoras cat11
    Pandoras cat11

Agree with all the comments. My stepfather uses the term "shaming them back". Don't know what word is worse? Shunning vs. Shaming. Both are unatural. Hmmmm... Wasn't that one of the signs of the times--having no natural affection?

• AuntBee
    AuntBee

Unshackled: That is all SO sad. Is it legal to 'kick out' a 17-year old? Couldn't one get in trouble for child neglect/endangerment, since they're under 18?

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

The sad part is...even if were appropriate to DF the child for wrong conduct, if the child discontinues the wrong conduct, he/she is not reinstated unless he/she goes back to the meetings and grovels to the elders. It doesn't matter how good a life they are leading.

• Violia
    Violia

I read your post and all I could hear was Aunt Bea's voice.

Yes, they are very proud of their shunning.

• unshackled
    unshackled

AuntBee...it gets even nuttier. Believe or not, my parents actually consulted a lawyer on their rights to kick their 17-yr-old daughter out of their house. They feel they have justification because they stretch and bend reality. But it is absurd...my little sister is your typical 17-yr-old...not a bad girl AT ALL. She just wants to fit in at school, have a boyfriend and hang out with her buddies. These are NOT bad kids. But since she doesn't want the "truth" they've made it up in their heads that they are dealing with a crack dealer. It is all so very sad. She is currently living with my oldest sibling's family (not in the religion) because they couldn't work it out with their youngest daughter not wanting the religion. She is going thru major depression issues and they refuse to acknowledge it would have anything to do with their fundamentalistic and stringent belief system. Off the charts nuttery.

• etna
    etna

You know, there has been programs on TV about this sort of behaviour and it is completely frowned upon by all at all schools. Its called "BULLYING", not a loving christian way, but just rotten, horrible, disgusting "BULLIES"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Etna

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They shun you for less than being "gay". All you need do is complain that one or more of the new Kingdumb Maladies is blasphemous or idolatrous, even if you can prove it so. Or, they sound like dying cats or cult chants. Or, that you prefer some of the older Kingdumb Maladies to the newer ones. To them, that is worse than those pedophiles and baby eaters that stay in "good standing" until exposed to the secular law.

Summary: Eat a baby--OK, as long as you don't get busted. Prefer the older Kingdumb maladies to the newer ones--Horrible.

• AuntBee
    AuntBee

Unshackled: Your sister would probably identify with this gal, whose also 17, in case you haven't seen this already:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGqbBHvIoTc

• ziddina
    ziddina

Marking...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit