'We only do what the BIBLE says' --- Separating the Bible from the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of NYC

by Joliette 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Its funny that you dad feels liek that and that he mentioned the NT in particular because the JW's tend to be far more OT than NT.

But if he really believes that they fall the bible and in particular the NT, then how does he explain this:

ACTS 1: 7-8

7 He said to them, “It is not for you to knowtimesorepochswhich a the Father has fixed by His ownauthority;

8 but you will receivepower a when the HolySpirit has come upon you; and you shall be b My witnessesboth in Jerusalem, and in allJudea and c Samaria, and even to d the remotestpart of the earth.”

Jesus said that they, the apostles, are to be witness to HIM, JESUS, ie: Jesus' Witnesess.

And he also said that it is NO MAN'S place to KNOW the TIME and Eras that are fixed by God.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

The NT also says that you MUST be born again to be saved. Nowhere does it say that it is limited to the 144,000. Read 1John 5:1 and ask how they can justify NOT believing that they are born of God (or born again) and that they REFUSE to partake of the Lords Supper?

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Brotherdan, would this be a good time to bring up that the Memorial is based on an ancient Gnostic Black Mass where the body and blood of Christ was passed around and refused? Not to mention some other things that they did to the emblems, like depositing various bodily fluids into them. (Gnostics can be a-holes too!)

~PS

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I think the important thing is to acknowledge that whether you believe the bible or not, the WTS is NOT doing what the bible says to do. The bible says that to be saved one must be born again. But the WTS says that only those of the 144,000 need to be born again. Everyone else can be saved without it. Or they say that Christ serves as mediator between only them and God. However, the bible says that Christ is the mediator for all men. You could be a non-Christian atheist and be able to see that the WTS does not follow the bible

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

PS, I never heard about the "depositing various bodily fluids" on the emblems thing...gross.

• Joliette
    Joliette

I always thought something about the memorial seemed a little weird to me.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Joliette, you have a PM.

• Joliette
    Joliette

Awwww, thanks ;)

• Wrong Way
    Wrong Way

Joli - Jehovah's Witnesses don't interpret the Bible in "sola scriptura" way.

Bible doesn't interpret the Bible in our case.

The GB interpret it.

I am sorry, but I don't know how to spell the word "interpret" correctly.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Tito..

Look up at your tool bar..See if you have Spell Check..Thats what I use to check my spelling..

I am sorry, but I don't know how to spell the word "interpret" correctly......Original

I am sorry, but I don't know how to spell the word "interpret" correctly.....Spell check

You spelled it right..LOL!!

.......................... ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit