November 2010 Awake argument against evolution: does it make sense?

by behemot 24 Replies latest jw friends

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Ooh, ooh, me, I have some suggested answers!

Evolution as defined by Darwin was descent with adaptation

Darwin was 150 years ago. Try using a modern definition, first of all. Second, he proposed natural selection. Educate thyself.

I.E. fish beget funny fish that could breathe and flop beget funny fish that could walk a little beget land creature.

I.E. you REALLY need to educated yourself, I.D. friend. That's not evolution or natural selection, just some dumbass bullshit ID proponents say because they haven't bothered to find out what the fuck evolution OR natural selection is all about.

Here you have billions of years of eukaryotic evolution occurring in a single earth year.

No, it's STILL an earth year. Bacteria don't fucking travel through time, dumbass.
    But never descent, they never evolve into eukaryotes again

Says who? Take a fucking logic class and then come back and tell me about proving a negative.

Darwin was able to record past descent, but no one has really viewed it since then.

Besides the cases observes of natural selection and evolution in action, sure. Oh wait, you didn't know about them? WTF did you do, copy and paste this without researching a goddamn thing you lazy bastard? Use google. Read this: http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/comdesc/section5.html

It's odd to say the least

Not when you spend less that five minutes reading, dumbass.

I think you could easily write a book detailing why bacterial evolution indicates intelligent design at hand.

Or a book detailing why you are a dumbass that apparently can't fucking bother to read 1 goddamn paper on the subject.

Depending on how good a friend this is, you might want to remove a "dumbass" two. Or replace it with a "fucking dumbass".

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

BTS gave a slightly more scientific answer, but I think mine gets the "you are a moron and lazy uneducated dumbass" point across with more subtlety.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

You can watch the video live here:

http://video.pbs.org/video/1372073556/#

I highly recommend it!

besty.....I don't know much about eukaryote evolution but I do know that eukaryotes are not generally believed to have evolved from bacteria but that bacteria, archaea, and eukaryotes all descend from a common ancestor. Whatever properties or environmental ecologies this LCA had that facilitated endosymbiosis (which today is confined to eukaryotes) may well be absent in all modern descendant lineages of bacteria and archaea. It seems that research on this is in its infancy. Here is one article urging caution:

http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v447/n7147/full/447913a.html

• besty
    besty

thanks BTS in particular.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Yeah but I like NVLs smackdown better.

BTS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit