New JW social site...JWFind.net!

by yknot 19 Replies latest jw friends

• yknot
    yknot

http://www.jwfind.net/

Appears to have launched in Spring 2009......

JWFind.net principles

A true companion is loving all the time, and is a brother that is born for when there is distress. (Proverbs 17:17)

Mission

The JWFind.net site aims to support the exceptional unity of Jehovah's Witnesses, which transcends geographic, national and cultural boundaries. Jehovah's Witnesses may find siblings-in-faith round the world here, establish friendships and keep in touch with them using the site.

Good content

Content on the site should be in conformity with laws and regulations, reflecting good manners and biblical knowledge, so lovable and of serious concern. (Philippians 4:8)

Responsible users

Users are responsible for what they do on the JWFind.net site. The site should give them means to act in conformity with the responsibility - to take their own decisions regarding their published content and communication with others. People should own their information, they should have a freedom to share it with anyone they want, update it or withdraw it. (Galatians 6:5)

Responsible maintainers

All people behind the JWFind.net site should be Jehovah's Witnesses actively serving in their congregations. The site is there for users not for maintainers, so the maintainers should be willing to listen to reports, requirements, comments and constructive criticism from users in order to think about ways how to fulfill them. Site should publicly make available information about its purpose, plans, policies, and operations.

Fair access

Access to the JWFind.net site should be free and equal, with a single set of principles, rights, and responsibilities, for every Jehovah's Witness, regardless of his level of participation or contribution. (Psalms 133:1)

No unneccessary restrictions

JWFind.net site promotes openness and transparency up to the level wanted by users themselves. The openness should be further constrained only by limitations of law either secular or biblical, by technology and by current social norms.

_______

Just posting to let everyone know about it!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Who knows, maybe one day that will become the next big apostate discussion board. All it takes is for the administration to wake up and see the religion for what it actually is.

• Mythbuster
    Mythbuster
    The future
    We are now living in what the Bible calls "the last days" (2 Timothy 3:1), the last days of the human reign. God's Messianic Kingdom will manifest God's governance towards earth at the end of the last days. There were attempts to calculate or infer the exact date of the end in the past, but actually no one else besides the Father knows the date.

Rot Roh! Looks an apostate in the making.

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread

Oh, boy.

Looks like an increase in disfellowshippings in the near future.

"JWFind.net, where the adulterers and fornicators can meat........uhhh meet"

Judge Dread

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

This agreement will be governed by the laws of the Czech Republic.

I wonder if the Czech branch is shitting bricks right now?

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

YKnot, you's gots a PM.

• Mythbuster
    Mythbuster

Read any of the profiles there?

From a "brother", an MS no less

must love Jehovah and ready to yeald,easy going and confidence but not over confidenc lol

another brother, I have no clue

*Excuse I because I do not indeed speak about the American because in France we speak French with our newspaper under the arm, the berret on the head and our cheeses.
  • NorthPeace
    NorthPeace

The Society must have had this kind of site in mind in the Kingdom Ministry a few years ago.

That site falls well within what the Society deems to be avoided.

Go here:

http://www.quotes-watchtower.co.uk/internet.html

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

Just another flash in the pan, IMO. It won't be around long...

V665

• NiceDream
    NiceDream

You just need a current KM to join...I guess they needed tougher questions for security reasons...

I like how they have pictures of "recently approved" ones too...sounds official.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit