Mother Denies Heart Surgery For Infant, Cites Religion

by awaken2004 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• awaken2004
    awaken2004

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/25055953/detail.html

Sorry if you cannot click on the link. Thought I would share this here. I searched for it but i couldn't find it here. I'm probably not looking hard enough though.

• purplesofa
  • BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I do not claim to understand the U S Healthcare system but it seems to be a funding issue..Did they not say that Medicaid would not fund the treatment at a distant "bloodless hospital"?

If the J W's want to enforce a no blood rule perhaps the WTS or a benefactor should pick up the tab???

• awaken2004
    awaken2004

Good point BB. I'm going to send that comment to HLN since they are asking for viewer opinions.

This poor little baby . . . In a different interview I heard the mother say that her daughter already received one transfusion in the past and got a bacterial infection in her bloodstream. I understand this woman wants the best care for her daughter (JW or not) but she is running out of time here.

This little baby's heart could give out at any time. A surgery w/ blood transfusion w/ some risk is better than nothing at all.

Just getting started here . . . Have to comment more later.

Purplesofa, thanks for putting up the link.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    If the J W's want to enforce a no blood rule perhaps the WTS or a benefactor should pick up the tab

I so agree. But I bet they won't. Don't want to set a precident.
    This was "breaking" news, but I couldn't watch it as I was busy at work. I knew someone here would catch me up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit