new feature

by booby 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• booby
    booby

*** Text for September-20-10 ***
    Monday, September 20
    Abundant peace belongs to those loving your law, and for them there is no stumbling block.-Ps. 119:165.
    The conduct of others never creates an excuse for our becoming bitter toward God or for abandoning a faithful course. Enduring even in the face of trials will help us to maintain our integrity. We can also maintain integrity by avoiding a fault-finding, critical spirit. That means, of course, being loyal to Jehovah. He is blessing his people now more than ever. Pure worship has never in all of history been so exalted on earth. (Isa. 2:2-4) When adjustments are made in explanation of Bible texts or in how things are done, we want to accept them. We are delighted to see evidence that the spiritual light is still increasing. (Prov. 4:18) If we find it hard to understand a change, we ask Jehovah to help us to comprehend the point. Meanwhile, we endure in an obedient course, keeping our integrity. w08 12/15 2:13, 14

• booby
    booby

Not really, but I have often recalled an admonition from many years ago that if "you don't understand a point" can you put it aside for a period of time (I think the suggestion was like maybe 6 months or so) and see if by then you see it more clearly. I now realize what the ploy was. Put it aside for a period of time and more than likely you would simply forget about it. But for them it was problem solved. Here in todays text we have that thought reiterated.

• asilentone
    asilentone

(bookmarking to read others comments on this thread later)

• JWoods
    JWoods
    Pure worship has never in all of history been so exalted on earth.

But only the WTBTS is exalting pure worship, and it is only pure worship if you do exactly what the WTBTS says.

• booby
    booby

yes, JWoods - I liked that point also. So when the nation of Israel was functioning under Jehovah's guidance with the temple and priests and all that crappola I guess it just didn't have the ring of pure worship as in todays gb temple arrangement.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Booby - put aside your doubts about the organization compared with Israel. Six months should be about right for Jehovah to help you understand.

Jeff

• JWoods
    JWoods
    Six months should be about right for Jehovah to help you understand.

Or else to forget about it - after something else equally ridiculous is published to think about for six months.

• elder-schmelder
    elder-schmelder

Mind control - at its finest !!

elder-schmelder

• elder-schmelder
    elder-schmelder

"That means, of course, being loyal to Jehovah." is = to "do what we say because we are Jehovah"

elder-schmelder

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

Speaking of putting doubts aside for a while....

After I stumbled upon the 607 issue while preparing for a Daniel Prophecy book study, I started intensely researching it to determine the truth. Once I realized the Society's chronology was built on faulty logic, it became clear that the whole house of cards was falling. I eventually stepped down (MS) and later became inactive. But then about a year later, I decided (in a lapse of ignorance) to turn around, put my doubts aside, and give it everything I had for the sake of my family. It was really hard to ignore the doubts but I blocked them out... temporarily.

Several months into my return, the Watchtower January 1, 2007, introduced some "new light" in an article entitled The Second Resurrection - Now Under Way! My wife and I were studying it and came across some of the most speculative wording I'd ever seen in a WT. Try as I may to suppress the new doubt, it built up inside like a soda under pressure until I could no longer ignore or rationalize all the holes away.

Today, I'd like to thank the writer of that article.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit