4:30 am ...special delivery

by Gregor 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Gregor
    Gregor

About an hour ago I was awakened by a noise at the front door. I went to investigate. The door is of the glass pane type. I flipped on the porchlight and there, staring back at me was Baby the cat sitting on the doormat.

She was proudly displaying a large vole. Unfortunately, the vole was still alive but was injured severely. I knew Baby was not seeking medical aid for her fellow creature and that if I ignored the situation there would be a nasty mess to deal with later. By the time I got my slippers and a heavy leather glove the vole had pretty much passed into the nether world. I picked it up and disposed of it by tossing it into the nearby stand of trees.

Now I am wondering if I will have to deal with the poor creature again when daylight comes. Baby may be assuming we are playing 'fetch'.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Awww ...

The circle of life ...

Syl

• tec
    tec

Or Baby might at least be miffed that you didn't accept her very gracious offering :)

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

We had a cat called Baby.

BTS

• Gregor
    Gregor

We don't have a cat named Baby. She has us.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Baby was a lover boy. One day he didn't come back.

I remember when we found him, a pot bellied miserable little kitten underneath a migrant farm trailer we visited while out in Field Circus. He was a harlequin.

BTS

• Gregor
    Gregor

This is a google image but a dead ringer for Baby. Her tail curves over her back.

• CrimsonBleu
    CrimsonBleu

She got the dang varmint that has been terrorizing my yard! Thanks Baby! No new piles of sand this morning!

• Gregor
    Gregor

She loves to hunt and stalk. Last year I had to raise one of the bird feeders beyond her pounce range.

• teel
    teel

My mind wandered off to 4:20, and I thought this is yet another weed post...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit