Blood transfusions for pets

by Heartofaboy 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• undercover
    undercover

What, then, of animal food? May it be used if there is reason to believe there is blood in it? As far as a Christian is concerned, the answer is No, on the basis of principles already mentioned. Therefore, if a Christian discovers that blood components are listed on the label of a container of dog food or some other animal food, he could not conscientiously feed that product to any animal over which he has jurisdiction. He could not conclude that doing so would be excusable, for this would not be a case of an animal killing another animal and helping itself to the blood of that creature. No, this would be a direct act on the part of the Christian, making him responsible for feeding blood to a pet or other animal belonging to him.

Of course, if there is no indication on the label of a package of animal food that the product contains blood, a Christian might conclude that it could be used. Still, his conscience might trouble him. In that case he should put his conscience to rest by making reasonable inquiry and acting in accord with the information he receives, for a Christian surely desires to have a good conscience before God.—1 Pet. 3:21.

But now, what about fertilizer that has blood in it? One who is going to show respect for God’s law on blood would not use it. True, according to the Mosaic law, blood when taken from a body was to be poured out upon the ground and covered over with dust. (Lev. 17:13, 14) The objective was, however, that the blood should serve no useful purpose when thus disposed of. It was not placed on the ground with the thought in mind that it would serve as fertilizer. Hence, no Christian farmer today could properly spread blood on his fields to fertilize the soil, nor would he use commercial fertilizer containing blood. Such blood use would be a commercializing on something that God has reserved for himself. It would be a violation of God’s Word.

Does anyone ever really, I mean, REALLY, read the shit that the WTS publishes?

Even though Fluffy the cat eats mice and birds and Rex the dog eats squirrels and rabbits...unbled, uncooked and unkosher...giving them cat or dog food that "might" be processed with blood in it is againt God's law? WTF? Seriously...what the fuck? Is giving live mice to Sammy the snake a violation of God's law as well? Unfuckinbelievable...

Now, let me get this straight about fertilizer... one can't use fertilizer if it has blood in it, because "blood should serve no useful purpose" once it's "taken from the body".

Um, what about blood fractions? How can you justify the use of parts of blood that has to be removed from whole blood if "blood should serve no useful purpose" once it's "taken from the body"? Of course, the real answer is that the WTS makes this shit up as they go along and they end up contradicting themselves as they continue to revise their position.

When you read the stupidity that is shit like this, you really have to start wondering just how gullible and stupid people really are. I know, I know... I was right there with them one time, but luckily, I figured out how to use my brain before it completely atrophied.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog
    So I can put my dog to sleep, but cant give it a blood transfusion?

The WT & Awake have been putting people to sleep for a long time.

• inbetween
    inbetween

this point, even before I got to know the truth about the troof, I never accepted, the prohibition on blood was for humans, never for animals. why create mosquitos, who live of blood, if this is an issue ?

man, how can anybody in good mind accept such nonsense ?

• elderelite
    elderelite

WOW Blondie that was nice research! How ironic, my parents and I just got into a discussion a week ago. they were debating wether or not put the family cat to sleep. One thing that came up was my mother would not allow the cat (who had a tumor) to have blood if they opted for surgery. i didn't get into it at the time but I did wonder if there was anything in print on it. Wow. Now let me ask this about pet food...

Would it be proper for a christian to have a pet snake? after all, the mice are feed whole and thus have blood in them..? proper or not? are you supposed to feed the snake some sort of pelet food? What about birds of prey? if a brother or sister wanted to be a falconor, what would they feed their bird?

• TD
    TD
    Would it be proper for a christian to have a pet snake?

...Or how about something as mundane as tropical fish? Almost all tropical fish food has blood in it.

• letsslatejws
    letsslatejws

Yes.... My childminder was a super spiritual JW. She was in as much the ringleader to the congregational click (and still is). She had her dog spade and after surgery was done and the dog had been stitched up the dog was still seve rley bleeding. It became quickly apparent that her labrador was a haeomphiliac and so she agreed to a blood transfusion!

I remember being stunned into silence & couldnt believe my ears, that she had gone ahead with this and that albeit the whole congregation knew about it, nobody so much as batted an eye lid !!!!

Im sure if it had of been my dog the elders would have come down on me like a ton of bricks !

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

If I catch my dog eating an animal that it killed and the blood from the animal was not drained properly, how should I treat my dog?

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

I guess wild animals will not be resurrected in the New System...all that eating of blood and all...

• elderelite
    elderelite

Wannabe, you clearly should DF your dog...

• Mythbuster
    Mythbuster
    Now, let me get this straight about fertilizer... one can't use fertilizer if it has blood in it, because "blood should serve no useful purpose" once it's "taken from the body".

Wait, wait, wait.....WAIT! Blood is supposed to be poured on the ground. Where do we use fertilizer? On the ground! If I behead a chicken for dinner, can I do it over my garden?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit