I too am marking 7 years out of the Watchtower

by AK - Jeff 8 Replies latest jw friends

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Just about this time 7 years ago.

No back-slapping please.

Just happy to be out - out of the Watchtower - out of Christianity and it's similar faults - out of religion entirely. What freedom!

Jeff

• lovelylil2
    lovelylil2

Jeff,

Congrats to you my friend. Isn't freedom wonderful!

My hubby and I were discussing the other day how it took years of being out of the Tower to fully realize the oppressive wieght we were under.

Wishing you peace, Lilly

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Well, you have 2 years on me. I quit going to boasting sessions after the REJECT Jesus Party 2005, and quit field circus after June 2005 (which I never bothered to report). Along September 2005, I began rearranging my closet so my suits were no longer the first thing I would see, put away my bound volumes, and got a few "toys" to replace them. Finally I bought a 8 ball, in October 2005 with the pretext that next time it was a Ouija board. At which point, I was pretty much a worldly person.

Well, in 2006 I made good on the Ouija board--on the eve of the REJECT Jesus Party. (Which I blew off.)

• Mattieu
    Mattieu

Well done Jeff, I am enjoying that same freedom too! Cheers, Mattieu

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

It must be coming up 7 years since I attended a regular KH meeting myself now. How time flies and how it changes things.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

So you broke a mirror and had the "bad luck" period. It's over, time to come back to your senses and find Jesus.

Just kidding. Congrats on your freedom.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    Just happy to be out

No more jail time for me either ! - Family wise this can cause some problems , but I would not swap the freedom to think for myself

"Nothing is your own except the few cubic centimetres of grey matter inside your skull" - George Orwell

• flipper
    flipper

I too am coming up on 7 years out of the JW cult. December of 2003 was my last meeting. Freedom is sweet, isn't it Jeff ? Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I think I may have attended my last meeting in October or November of 2003. We 'officially' mark our exit as Jan 1, 2004 - but it was a wee bit earlier. First chapter of CoC sealed it. I knew I would never go back.

It hasn't all been easy - but it has all been GREAT.

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit