If the FDS is to lead us, then why wasn't this written in the Bible?

by 3Mozzies 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• 3Mozzies
    3Mozzies

If the FDS is to lead us, then why wasn't this (see below) written in the Bible?

Matthew 24

While he was sitting upon the Mount of Olives, the disciples approached him privately, saying:

“Tell us, When will these things be, and what will be the sign of your presence and of the conclusion of the system of things?”

And in answer Jesus said to them:

“Look out that nobody misleads YOU; for many will come on the basis of my name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will mislead many. YOU are going to hear of wars and reports of wars; see that YOU are not terrified. For these things must take place, but the end is not yet.

“My Faithful and Discreet Slave will rise and show my people the way, as the end draws near. They will be but mere men yet I will be with them, follow them and keep close as they have my blessing. I will send the helper, the holy spirit to them, the light will get brighter and brighter as they teach my commandments"

etc...

3Mozzies

• arimatthewdavies
  • DaCheech
    DaCheech

the faithful bugger knows when the bible is symbolic and when it's verbatim.

infidel: don't question them

• Heaven
    Heaven

The Watchtower goes beyond the Bible all the time to justify their authority. Once you can get people to believe whatever you say, you can say and do whatever you want.

This was done to me when I was a teen when they attempted to force me into the door-to-door service. I looked for a scripture that specifically stated that handing out Watchtower and Awake! magazines led to eternal life. I couldn't find it. That was one of my big a-hah moments where I realized that they were pushing an agenda that had no Bible backing.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I am sure they would say (in 23 paragraphs or so) that the message is plain only to those that seriously approach God looking for the answer. Otherwise, Satan's Christendom would simply have called themselves a "Faithful and Discreet Slave" and further misled the masses.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

I've researched the WT CD Rom more times than I care to remember trying to find some kind of article supporting their interpretation of The Faithful and Discreet Slave as actually applying to someone or some group specifically rather than a simple illustration. So far I've found nothing. Maybe Blondie or another researcher type on here can find something. The only argument I've heard them make supporting their interpretation of this parable, was, "because we said so."

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

The FDS doctrine is straight up dogma. There has never been any real attempt at explaining how this parable is really a prophecy. I could only find two WT articles where they both claimed the FDS was a prophecy and they linked it to an OT prophecy.

Search the words: prophesied faithful discreet and you come up with very little.

• 3Mozzies
    3Mozzies

It's so sad how JWs just follow them because the Headhonchos in NY say they are the FDS and in turn should be followed. No proof by the way, they were anointed and appointed invisibly in the spring of 1919...yeah right any other fairy tales to tell us?

I was one of those blind JWs (for 30 years) it shows how people can be brainwashed to believe anything.

What a Dangerous Cult!!!!

The Bible is clear about putting your trust in men:

Psalm 146:3

Do not put YOUR trust in nobles, Nor in the son of earthling man, to whom no salvation belongs.

3Mozzies

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit