Got a visit from door-to-door JW's!

by donuthole 39 Replies latest jw experiences

• donuthole
    donuthole

Today while I was home for a quick lunch break I got a knock at the door. I opened the door and was surprised to see two elderly Jehovah's Witnesses women. I haven't been called on since I've been out for four years, so this was a bit of surprise. One lady introduced herself (who I didn't recognize) and her partner (an elderly japanese sister who had I book study with) and began to quickly go into her presentation.

I stopped her and said,"well I already know [your partner]." And I turned to her said, "Hello, how are you." Finally it dawned on the first sister who I was and she calmly said, "Tony, I'm sorry we can't talk to you." and turned around and began walking away. I called out after them, "I love you both. Have a good day."

It was a bit sad but also a little funny/ironic. I thought man, most people want to get rid of JW's when they come the door. I want to talk to them and they run away.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Evidently, neither of them saw the supposed 'mark' on your forehead. I like your call out to them. That was first class!

• mamalove
    mamalove

OMG, that was a bit bold. I guess you had cooties. I love your response! You shoulda let them keep thinking, "I know that guy from somewhere....." and gotten on with a bit of a convo if you could. Would have been interesting to see the wheels spinning in their mind as you brought up some things.

• donuthole
    donuthole
    You shoulda let them keep thinking, "I know that guy from somewhere....." and gotten on with a bit of a convo if you could. Would have been interesting to see the wheels spinning in their mind as you brought up some things.

Had I not known either of them I would have simply listened and let the conversation go from there. But it was only four years, and despite the beard, I had to assume the one sister recognized me. It was strange that she didn't acknowledge me when I opened the door. Maybe she was shocked or maybe it was a weird japanese cultural thing or dementia or ...

• undercover
    undercover

Are you a convicted felon? Murderer or rapist? Maybe you were found guilty of bilking ole people out of their life savings?

No?

You mean you're just not a member of their religion anymore?

Ah, the fear of apostates runs deep...

• Ding
    Ding

They keep better records in my area.

They only come to the door every few years to see if we've moved.

When they find out we still live her, they turn around and leave.

Funny, we always invite them in.

I had the same feeling as Donuthole expressed above.

THEY are the ones running and hiding at the door.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I am convinced that most JWs live in fear. How sad...no words of encouragment for you? No, we miss you? No, please come back to Jehovah?

What a loving organization. :-(

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Donuthole..

If they had`nt recognized you and you asked a difficult question..

They would have said they were busy and left..

Jehovah`s Witness`s are the only Religion that knock on your door..

To tell you they`re too busy to talk to you..

............................. ...OUTLAW

• donuthole
    donuthole
    I like your call out to them. That was first class!

I can't take credit for that one. I just acted according to how the Spirit has taught me.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

donuthole:

an elderly japanese sister who had I book study with

so sad, I know that sister of course. I was close friends with her and her husband...as well as her husband's parents (now deceased) and his three sisters, only 1 of whom is still in the area. The Japanese sister (M) is still after all these years in the US very much dependent on her friends and family. I am sure the beard threw them off.

Did you ever figure out who the other sister was?

Snakes (Rich )

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit