Carpe Diem!

by BurnTheShips 17 Replies latest jw friends

• BurnTheShips
  • JWoods
    JWoods

You and Sylvia were warned already for posting in foreign languages, and now you have titled a thread in one.

• undercover
    undercover

Absit invidia I'm sure...

• snowbird
    snowbird
    THE GLADIATORRe: My Apologies to Christians. posted ~ 18 hours ago (9/15/2010)

Post 1094 of 1097
    Since 5/31/2001

AK - Jeff May I suggest that you need to get God out of your head and out of your life.

Time for us mortals is precious. We are not rehearsing for a life in wonderland. This is the real deal and we will soon return to dust. Until then make sure your limbs are well oiled and you are enjoying the ride. Live every moment as though it may be your last because it soon will be.

Believers will die with their hopes. I want to die with my memories of a life well spent. How else do we honour the gift if life?

Ave, Imperator, morituri te salutant. (Those who are about to die salute you)

I believe it's ok if you translate, as Gladiator did.

If that's the case, carpe diem, (seize the day).

Syl

• snowbird
    snowbird

UnderCover!!!

Absit invidia (let ill will be absent).

Sheesh!

Syl

• undercover
    undercover

Absit invidia - can also mean, no offense intended

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    You and Sylvia were warned already for posting in foreign languages, and now you have titled a thread in one.

Why so curmudgeonly? I was going to post this on your birthday thread, so I was thinking of you when I created this one.

BTS

• dinah
    dinah

Burns, are you telling me to go catch a fish?

• Dark Side
  • Simon Morley
    Simon Morley

Ars longa, vita brevis fermentum semper fermentum (Art is long, life is short but beer is always beer)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit