Creed--Collective Soul--Sixpence

by joel 20 Replies latest jw friends

• joel
    joel

Whassup!

I thought I would toss out a few group names with a distinctive spiritual bent to their lyrics...and see what yall thought of them.

Creed is big right now...lyrics are...well...you tell me.

Same with Sixpence None the Richer...Collective Soul...Kendall Payne(she does that theme song for the show Popular)...and others.

There are a number of popular, secular groups with a noticable spiritual message to their lyrics.

Any thoughts!?

Pax(Peace) to ya my ifriends,
    joel

• mommy
    mommy

Joel,
    I really enjoy CREED I don't have their new album, but do have "My own prison" . I love the song "what's this life for?"
    Really makes you realize how many people are sad in this life!
    Well thanx for the input and continue to join in:)
    mommy

• joel
    joel

The new Creed Album lyrics are very good BTW.

Thanx for the thought!

Pax,
    joel

• ZazuWitts
    ZazuWitts

Joel, a big welcome.

I love Creed - and I'm a 58 year old
    grandmommy.

On Human Clay I like "Are You Ready" -
    "Young Grow Old" - "Wash Away Those Years" And, on My Own Prison - "Illusion" - "Pity For a Dime" - "Sister" and "What's This Life For."
    Really, I like most all of their music.

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

Creed is the wasteland that is moden music

Edited by - Naeblis on 4 January 2001 17:13:7

• Snowball
    Snowball

Jars of Clay is another good band, but is decidedly on the Christian-oriented side.

Sixpence is also Christian-oriented, though not always apparent from their lyrics. They took their name from a passage in a CS Lewis book :"Mere Christianity", about how if we, like a child giving their father a 6-pence that he gave to them originally, gave everything we have to God....we should not boastfully imagine we are giving Him anything He did not already have. Therefore the name: "Sixpence None The Richer".

Wayne Rogers

• thinker
    thinker

This is Thinkers Wife
    Noticing a definite spiritual trend in music. Sarah McLachlan has some very interesting lyrics. Path did you know she has a song called "The Path of Thorns"? Suggestions on specific titles of recommended CD's would be appreciated.
    TW

• mommy
    mommy

Thinker's Wife'
    I love Sarah M. cd "mirrorball"! Song "Hold on" is a very good one.
    She really protrays how much she loves her man doesn't she?
    wendy

• mommy
    mommy

Sorry forgot to mention. Melissa Ethridge is also very good! There is something about an artist that writes their own stuff that makes the song much more real:)
    Breakdown cd song"Sleep"
    Also little known Eagle Eye Cherry cd "Desireless"
    wendy

• Snowball
    Snowball

I have virtually every CD by Sarah McLachlan and Tori Amos, and cant go more than a few days without listening to them!

Both have 'spiritual' lyrics...but definitely not orthodox. For those who are more on the agnostic side, you may really like Sarah's version of "Dear God" on her "Rarities,B-Sides and Other Stuff" CD. Or Tori Amos' "God" on her "Under The Pink" CD.

Wayne Rogers

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit