Rules for those entering Bethel..

by jdhf 11 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• jdhf
    jdhf

I read these on the Christian Witness site....are they for real???!!! WHAT RULES BETHELITES HAVE TO AGREE TO

The following was overheard on Rick Fearon’s phone conference of September 11, 2010, but I think at least one rule was left out and number 12 is lacking some wording. The group listening laughed at number 11. Insightful.

1. Table head decides the direction in which food will be passed.

2. There’s no licking of finger even when eating barbecued food.

3. Only shirts with collars are allowed unless you work construction.

4. No shirt with logos of any kind is allowed

5. Doors must stay wide open if guy and gal in same room even if it is an office.

6. You are expected to meet or exceed the national average for hours even if you worked on a Saturday.

7. You are to pay $3 to person driving from Bethel to meeting.

8. You must go to every morning worship and never be even one second late. Be there by 7 AM

9. No heavy metal or rap music allowed or it is grounds for termination.

10. No R-rated movies of any sort or you will be terminated.

11. Couples can make no noise while having sex. In fact when a brother is to get married, he will first meet with his overseer to have a sex talk about what is and isn’t appropropriate.

12. You can’t use the elevator if you are married unless with 15 years of service

13. Housekeepers are to report anything inappropriate that they find

14. You can subscribe to Sports Illustrated but must sign a waiver saying any edition of the swimsuit edition can be destroyed

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

This is factual, and merely the tip of the iceberg.

-LWT (ex-Bethlite)

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!
    You can’t use the elevator if you are married unless with 15 years of service

What? Why can't married people use the elevator? Are they scared they may have sex in there? What is the rationale?

• jdhf
    jdhf

i know aren't they crazy...maybe leavingwt and others might add more to the crazy list!?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    You can’t use the elevator if you are married unless with 15 years of service

In Brooklyn, the actual rule was this: For brothers younger than 35 years of age, you should take the stairs if ascending fewer than three stories. You should also take the stairs if descending fewer than six stories.

The rule quoted above probably pertained to Wallkill or Patterson, in which there were only two stories. "brotherdan" can clear this up for us.

• twinkle toes
    twinkle toes
    You can't use the elevator if you are married unless with 15 years of service

One horny couple ruined for the rest. I bet they were noisy! tee hee

tt

• twinkle toes
    twinkle toes

I also like that after 15 years of marriage they think you won't want to have elevator sex. Thats when you start spicing it up.

Who came up with that number. Did they take a poll on how limber the average 14 year married person is and whether or not they could physically do it in a lift? and then add a year for safety. This is so comical.

I wonder if you took your sports illustrated(swimsuit edition) in the elevator if you could then lick someone elses finger...quietly?

There must be loopholes

tt

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/experiences/198008/1/Bethel-Rules

This was covered in detail in the above post (Funny as hell and brought back a lot of memories.)

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Reading Bethel rules makes me feel so sad for people in Bethel. I knew there were rules, but I never imagined this kind of micro-management.

• finallyfree!
    finallyfree!

Wow!! You basically voluntarily sign over your rights to the WTS. I knew a guy who was in bethel last I heard about him. Hmm wonder what happened to him?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit