Introducing goman

by goman 6 Replies latest jw friends

• goman
    goman

Hi all,

I've been lurkin for a while and i've been reading and replying some posts.

I'm Catholic and my wife is a J.W. I studied with J.W.s for a while then stopped for occupational reasons.

Our relationship is tense. But I managed to keep our peace so far. I just avoid talking about religion with her.

Thats as far I could tell about my private life. I'm busy, but a curious cat.

This will be my onlt "starting" post. Now I'll be back lurkin.

Thanks by the way

• mouthy
    mouthy

Welcome to the site Good to have you aboard. Good guy NOT to bring up religion if you want to keep her Any Kids I do hope not

Hang around we are glad to have you

Grace Goughhttp://exjw.weebly.com/

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

I bid you welcome goman.

No need to just lurk. There's a lot to talk about here for sure. My mom is a believer and my dad isn't. I'm still surprised that they manage to stay together and get along as well as they do. In a twisted way they are an inspiration to me. If I could find a partner whom I can stick with like that...
    Hang in there. You'll always find someone to hear you out if you need it. Just be careful not to push the buttons too much. If you keep reading you'll figure it out.

V665

• cantleave
    cantleave

Welcome .

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I'm curious - was she a JW when you married her? If she was, didn't your priest advise against the marriage?

If she was a Catholic, where were the priests when she started her "free home Bible Study"? How long has she been a JW now?

Personally, I'm an atheist, but there are former JWs on here who have returned to the Catholic Church; maybe it would be helpful to you to get a dialogue going with some of them.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
  • Hadit
    Hadit

Welcome goman! I'm sure you'll see many topics of interest here that relate to your situation.

Take care and perhaps you'll post some of your insights This place is a good sounding board.

Hadit

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit