Service numbers are gone

by Samuel Thorsen 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Eiben Scrood
    Eiben Scrood

I'm really confused by this. They always used to threaten those who didn't make the national average in field service with beheading. Now that they're not publishing this figure anymore, how can everyone know the number they must meet to merit salvation?

Could it actually be that they are no longer stressing numbers as much? If so, that is honestly a really good thing and I'm very surprised by it. Dare I say it - kudos to the Watchtower?!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It is to create the illusion of still healthy growth. Instead of threatening with the national average, they shoot for at least 10 hours a month. And, they would better publish a few disjointed factoids about isolated growth to make themselves look like they are still doing well. Along with that, they are going to publish a fake number in the high 7 millions for peak publishers and around 7.2 million average to "back up" that they are doing well. In fact, they have nowhere near 7 million publishers when you take away all the fake time slips, children under 16 reporting time, and people under coercion to do field circus. I would estimate closer to 2.5 million between those who truly believe in it and those who are in it for the power and will continue doing field circus without themselves being coerced.

• steve2
    steve2

The UK OKM still publishes monthly totals. Another poster usually gives a link to the UK edition of OKM - at least the last two months have given monthly publisher numbers (from memory 129,000). The latest one also gave numbers of pioneers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit