JW wedding today (9/11)

by asilentone 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• asilentone
    asilentone

At facebook, I just saw the photos of a JW wedding that took place today (9/11) I would not want to get married on 9/11. Your thoughts?

• african GB Member
    african GB Member

9/11 would just be perfect to stage a boring and doomed JW wedding.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Personally I don't see anything abnormal about it. I went out in field service today, and ran into a guy who's traveling to one of the Carolinas with his girlfriend. I saw people today walking their dogs, shopping, spending time with family. I don't believe life should stop on the anniversary of a tragedy. Especially a happy occasion like a wedding.

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

I saw a news report today about the Davenport Hotel in Spokane, Washington. It is a beautifully restored hotel that usually has weddings booked months in advance.

They said they could not book one wedding today despite offering substantial discounts.

I don't think life should stop on 9/11, but I don't know I would want that date as my anniversary.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Out of respect for the tragedy and out of that date being creepy for a happily repeated affair, I would not choose that date.

Life doesn't stop, I agree, but some dates deserve special notice.

• Hadit
    Hadit

I wouldn't get married again on any given day.

• yknot
    yknot

People get married on Dec 7th........ no one is eyeballing them.

• african GB Member
    african GB Member

My cousin got married on Friday the 13th, he is still happy in his marriage.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Ynot, what happened 12/7 does not have the same significance for me at least. 9/11 happened during my lifetime and I'll never forget it.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

I don't think life should stop on 9/11, but I don't know I would want that date as my anniversary.

My thoughts exactly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit