We are not prophesying ; we are merely giving our surmises

by Mythbuster 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• RevFrank
    RevFrank

Then tell us.....if you use the Zion publications,1908, to support your claime, then why you denie the 1914 prophecy stating you are prophets?

• Mythbuster
    Mythbuster

Who are you asking Rev?

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

But there are well-hidden nuggets of truths in there.....you just seem to be overlooking them

• moshe
    moshe

I almost hate to remind all my old JW cronies from the 1970's about the past Wt failures- seeing as how they are all heading into their retirement golden years, uh, without any gold and only a minimal SS check from the US Govt.- the govt they told everyone Jehoobah was going to destroy in 1975.

• Mary
    Mary

A few years ago, I phoned Crooklyn about a certain article they had written and I really, really wish I had taped the conversation. The brother on the other end admitted to me that "a certain amount of personal opinion" goes into writing the WT articles.

Gasp! You mean it's not 100% directed by Jehovah??!!

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

there are far too many statements of themselves as prophets that it is impossible to hide it...

fantastic for future discussions with my kids!

oz

• Heaven
    Heaven

Mary, that would have been priceless to get that recorded!

The subject statement is actually incorrect because the Botchtower does BOTH prophesying and surmising.

Surmising is about supposing something to be true without evidence.

Prophesying is telling that something at a future time is going to happen. It is also speaking or writing by divine inspiration.

The Botchtower does ALL of this. They have claimed to be God's mouthpeice but have made numerous errors, some of which are costing people their lives.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Mary, that would have been priceless to get that recorded!

The subject statement is actually incorrect because the Botchtower does BOTH prophesying and surmising.

Surmising is about supposing something to be true without evidence.

Prophesying is telling that something at a future time is going to happen. It is also speaking or writing by divine inspiration.

The Botchtower does ALL of this. They have claimed to be God's mouthpeice but have made numerous errors, some of which are costing people their lives.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit