Just watched Avatar! Great film

by AK - Jeff 40 Replies latest social entertainment

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

We just watched it from standard DVD format on our 36" flatscreen. It was a good flick - but I bet it is fabulous in 3d and theater quality.

Jeff

• tec
    tec

So awesome in 3D... but still great in 2D.

• moshe
    moshe

It fit an expected formula-

• wasblind
    wasblind

John Wayne movies still hit the spot for me.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I kept back-thinking it's relevance to a topic close to my heart - the destruction or entire nations on the North American continent when the Euro settlers attacked and killed the natives.

You are right in that respect, Moshe. A modern day western in which the Indians won - Finally!

• compound complex
    compound complex

Watched it on dvd - never at the theatre - 3 times during rental period.

The retelling of the Christ tale. The saviour - Jakesully - descends from the skies, astride a giant orange "bird."

That splashy entrance made believers out of the whole lot of them.

I, too, was swayed.

CC

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

AH - that was not totally lost upon me, yet I saw the native Americans more clearly in the metaphor.

As I write this, the disk is once again spinning as the family watches. The special effects are spectacular - some reminiscent of the Wizard of Oz too.

Jeff

• TD
    TD

A lot of familiar elements and a nice, but very predictable film.

I'm always impressed when an actor or actress does a convincing villian. Stephen Lang (Ike Clanton from Tombstone) did a stellar job. When he finally buys the farm, you want to cheer

• elderelite
    elderelite

Effects A

Plot E.... E-

very average movie... (I need PLOT)

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

We saw it at the theater and we enjoyed it. The visuals are what make the film. (The dialogue is as bad or worse than Titanic, his previous film.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit