Did you throw ALOTS of old WT/AW magazines in the trash while you were a loyal dub?

by asilentone 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• asilentone
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Every JW I`ve ever known..

Has saved every unplaced piece of WBT$ literature..Which was 95% of anything they aquired..

There huge stock piles of unplaced WBT$ literature..

In the basement,garages and spare bedrooms of JWs,around the world..

...................... ...OUTLAW

• Hadit
    Hadit

I did! I threw them into the recycling bin - not the trash.

No stockpiles for me Outlaw! Maybe that was a sign of things to come.

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

I came across my Bookbag filled with my Bible and watchtower of the day 2001 and many more. It was dusty and everything was still as it was when I brought it home from my Last Meeting.......

When I stumbled across it I heard

Which reminds me...
    I have something here for you. Your
    father wanted you to have this when
    you were old enough, but your uncle
    wouldn't allow it. He feared you
    might follow old Obi-Wan on some
    damned-fool idealistic crusade like
    your father did.

What is it?

BEN Your fathers lightsaber. This is the
    weapon of a Jedi Knight. Not as clumsy
    or as random as a blaster.

Luke pushes a button on the handle. A long beam shoots out
    about four feet and flickers there. The light plays across
    the ceiling.

BEN An elegant weapon for a more civilized
    time. For over a thousand generations
    the Jedi Knights were the guardians
    of peace and justice in the Old
    Republic. Before the dark times,
    before the Empire.

How did my father turn??

A young Pioneer named Plaugeis who
    was a pupil of mine until he turned
    to evil, helped the Empire hunt down
    and destroy the Jedi Knights. He
    betrayed and murdered your father.
    Now the Jedi are all but extinct.
    PLaugeis was seduced by the dark side
    of the Force.

• seenitall
    seenitall

Threw them into huge recyling bins, gave books to Goodwill & Salvation Army.
    Only saved one copy to file away or multiple of some special ones.
    Had relatives that stockpiled thousands of old mags - had a delightful time throwing those into the dumpsters!
    Some even will place 10 year old mags at bus stops, leave at not at homes, airport, malls - what a joke!
    Remember the experiences about a handbill or old mag in the trash, blowing in the wind, etc!!!! they came into the truth! even a dog carried one in his mouth to his master!!!

It's a kick to look at the old photos and artwork in 10 to 20 year old mags - the people look like Memonites or little house on the praire. The new world artwork with women gardening in dresses! Can't ever show a sis in pants or shorts!

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

I used to park my car in a somewhat rugged neighborhood not far from where I work. I did it to save money, as opposed to paying for using the parking garage. Like I said, this neighborhood is shady. Where I parked at, there is a field where the grass hadn't been cut in quite a long time. So the grass looked collectively like a corn field. I'm sure bodies have been dumped back there. One day I'm walking up the hill past this field to go to my car, and a tract blew out from the field. Instinctively I walked towards where it blew from. When I got to the spot, I saw an older Awake. So I stepped past a couple grass blades, and there in front of me, pile was years worth of WT related literature. There was a hard cover Revelation book. I opened it up, and read the name, and its someone I know. I know their whole family, and have seen them since coming across the literature. I always wanted to ask them why'd they dump all their literature in a field where mafiosos and gangbangers dump bodies?

When I lived at home, occasionaly I had magazines suffocating my room. I would throw a huge black Hefty bag worth of that stuff away. Part of it was I always had every intention on increasing my time. Often I would increase, and hence need extra magazines. Come Winter and Summer, the weather was too extreme to spend that much time in field circus. Plus it took forever for the Magazine Servant to adjust the total magazines recieved to the congregation based on publishers altering their needs by the season. So I hated bothering him and I'd keep getting the same amount of magazines. Sometimes I left old mags in laundry mats, or in Not-At-Homes. Every now and then though, those mags became too much, and you have to pitch em.

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

I think I mentioned this once....

A couple of Brothers and me when we were in High School had some weed.... no Bowl.

Someone mentioned (probably me) Hey our Bibles look like rolling papers don't they???

Yes ... we did.

I think we used Obadiah (who will miss that page)

So I always keep an old Bible around ....just in case

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

I think I mentioned this once....

A couple of Brothers and me when we were in High School had some weed.... no Bowl.

Someone mentioned (probably me) Hey our Bibles look like rolling papers don't they???

Yes ... we did.

I think we used Obadiah (who will miss that page)

So I always keep an old Bible around ....just in case

I remember a rapper said in a rhyme when was in prison, inmates would roll weed using paper from the bible, and then say, "they've got the word in them."

• pirata
    pirata

I underorder the amount needed for service, borrow from others if I run out. Recycle last years once the current WT LibraryCD is out. No longer order personal copies with the downloads available.

• St George of England
    St George of England

We have a clear out of personal magazines and unplaced public magazines once a year when the volumes arrive, put them in the recycling box.

I always fancied putting all my old volumes on e-bay and making money from them when I finally leave but that idea took a blow this week. Someone tried to sell 27 volumes of WT and Awakes starting at £4.99. He never got a single bid! He has re-listed them again.

George

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit