Intriguing Slant On Malawi Situation

by snowbird 23 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• snowbird
    snowbird

http://conversations.blackvoices.com/faith-and-religion/001b4d43752e4d1ca06c8c63cb3ea85d/jehovahs-witnesses/6c6de568476845979bc23f99eaa9e750?sn=1

In the late '60's early 70's there were individuals in Malawi that were being persecuted(as we were taught) for serving Jehovah.
    All through this time we were constantly updated on how these individuals for their belief in Jehovah were suffering greatly.For their witness and testimony was what they said.
    But you know the real reason they were being persecuted?Because the government wanted them to register for a card stating that their government was providing them food.
    The governing body had told these poor souls that if they signed the card they would be saying that their trust was in man and not in Jehovah,because Jehovah is the only one who provides food.
    Here's the truth: Malawi being a poor country(as other poor countries in Africa)was recieving food from the world food bank.The requirement of the card was so the food bank could issue out the correct amount of food that the government would need to feed it's people. That's what it was for,but these men sitting here in America taking nolthought of what was going on in the world threw these people to the lions.
    How do you think the government would react when these people refused to sign?but these same people would be looking for the food the government provided.

A poster related the above in a discussion about JW's.

What are your thoughts?

Syl

• JWoods
    JWoods

Possibly, but there were some local political implications to the card.

For sure, the WTBTS had no business in the matter and caused a great deal of hardship for innocent witness people.

• snowbird
    snowbird

http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com/2010/05/malawi-congress-party-card.html

Discussions about this can be found at the above site and at Topix.

I'd never heard of the food distribution angle.

*shaking head in perplexity at WT's deviousness*

Syl

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

very interesting

• snowbird
    snowbird

http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com/2010/09/mcp-card-distribution-article.html

The only thing I find objectionable to MCP's policies is that women were forced to dance upon the President's arrival or departure.

What was WT thinking?

Syl

• elderelite
    elderelite

First Syl, let me say I find this intriguing as well. I have learned to question everything the org does and says.. but bear in mind I dont see anything other than someones opinion. I didn't have time to vet the whole link but it looked like conjecture and speculation to me.

Second, It was still a bogus situation. According to Ray Franz, essentially it came down to a local call being backed up by the branch. when the issue first came up no direction could be gotten from the branch (it was sudden as I recall and it was/is a third world country, difficult to communicate etc) so the local branch decided that the cards should not be purchased. When the shit hit the fan the boys in Brooklyn backed the local decision, because it was the one that was already made. That is what makes it completely reprehensible IMHO. buying an ID card is something we in the sates do ALL the time (i have several including my DL and DOT certs that are frankly no different to what they were being asked to buy). Ultimately It should have been MOC, but because the local brothers didn't know what to do,couldn't get immediate direction they made a knee jerk call to say "no". and then Brooklyn backed it because it was the call already made. So countless brothers were beaten and killed, sisters brutally raped and killed all because no one wanted to change the initial call.

but the chariot moves ahead...

• snowbird
    snowbird

What a needless fiasco!

This makes me so very angry!

Syl

• Heaven
    Heaven

This makes me so very angry!

Me too. Angry and sad. The WTS is blood guilty.

• PYRAMIDSCHEME
    PYRAMIDSCHEME

The brutality seems rather extreme for what amounted to was a food stamp card. All they had to say was no card no food. I think there was a little more to it than that.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

After reading Ray Franz's account regarding this I was absoluted disgusted with the society.

Loz x

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit