Did you personally shun anybody? Experiences?

by Quillsky 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Quillsky
    Quillsky

I'll never forget being at a restaurant and seeing a DF'ed Witness, a previous friend, leaving the restaurant.

I watched him through the window, looked him in the eye and raised my hand, a bit, to say "hi". I felt guilty doing it but at the same time it seemed like the only right thing to do.

• Joliette
    Joliette

Yeah. The more that I think about it, its all just silly. Just letting a corp. control you. I would never shun anyone just because they did something that doesnt effect me.

• dozy
    dozy

I was never really a "shunner". I would nod & smile at DFd people when I walked past them in the street or occasionally have a brief chat with them (as an elder I was allowed to converse with them). I knew JWs who would cross the road to avoid DFd ones or deliberately walk past them and jerk their heads away from them but I always felt this was extremely rude.

• blondie
    blondie

I had to train several df'd jws and had no problem. My rule was no discussion about the WTS. We were able to find a lot more to talk about.

I've always said hi and wished them well and chatted some and it even wasn't "necessary family business."

A family member was shunned during the time that unbaptized jws were treated like df'd (changed in 1988) and I refused. When the "rule" changed my family had a hard time deciding how they should be treated. I gave him a big hug at the family reunion and then others did.

Even Jesus talked to the Syrian woman and resurrected her daughter.

jws as a group have no love, they strain out the gnat and gulp down the camel.

• Hadit
    Hadit

No. I refused to treat people like a disease. I always said hello, smiled and I carried on many conversations with DF'd ones. I never really got the point about how totally ignoring someone is loving. I guess I never got it cuz it's not loving at all!

• Quillsky
    Quillsky

blondie......

I had to train several df'd jws and had no problem.

What special female role were you in?

• Quillsky
    Quillsky

So did nobody practise shunning of anyone?

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

generally I never shunned any one, couldn't see the point, as long as the conversation didn't get onto KH crap, I even worked with a xjw when I was a teenager. The only plp I ever have shunned are some of my extended family, not bcoz of the'Truth' but bcoz they are just straight out dumb ass's.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Yes I did and I hated it.

• 3Mozzies
    3Mozzies

I use to smile at them and say "hi"

I never ignored them, that is not the type of person I am.

After one DF person came back to the 'Truth', she thanked me for always smiling at her and saying my simple 'hi'.

It made her feel loved still, as most others would ignore her to the max!

3Mozzies

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit