Do You Consider Yourself An "Apostate"?

by minimus 23 Replies latest jw friends

• AGuest
    AGuest

From them, yes, dear Minimus (peace to you!). From God and Christ, absolutely not. That would be them.

Again, peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• donuthole
    donuthole

Eh I had a hard time excepting the label even by JW standards when I had been DF'd. Quite literally I had only shared information regarding the UN/NGO issue with one individual in the congregation - and even then only out of misguided concern. (In all fairness my anonymous e-mail was rather forceful - I believe I called the Organization a whore.) Nevertheless, in the year leading up to by DF-ing I had been very active in the congregation trying to love and support members and was also involved in encouraging individuals to come back to meetings - not trying to draw them away.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

I wholeheartedly agree with leavingwt...

Yes. It's a badge of honor.
  • VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV
    Yes. It's a badge of honor.

IMHO if you think of it that way you're only playing into their hands. The fuck with their terminology. The fuck with their rules. I don't play dat game...

V665

• factfinder
    factfinder

Moshe- same here!

• thenoblelodge
    thenoblelodge

It's the GB who are Apostate and they teach others how to be one.

• blondie
    blondie

I try not to label myself using terms that are defined in many ways, mostly emotional.

I'm sure that the Jewish religious leaders considered Jesus an apostate, "blasphemer." Were Jesus on earth today, I'm sure the WTS would label him an apostate.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

I don't know!

maybe someone can tell me?

been out twelve years, D/F for being immoral and spent my time just being a normal person,

12 years as an apologist before coming on here and 'turning'

am i a late apostate or just a very naughty boy?

oz

• Quillsky
    Quillsky

I don't buy into the term as used by Jehovah's Witnesses, and certainly don't buy into all of the baggage they sell along with the word "apostate".

• Locutus of Borg
    Locutus of Borg

No I do not, but most of my family and ALL of my "so called" former friends do . .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit