NYC Memorial Speaker Removed From Stage - Can Anyone Confirm/Deny?

by LostGeneration 2 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Back in the late 80's, a former bethelite told me a story about an incident in New York, at least I assume that is where it happened. I dont believe he was actually in attendance, but was relaying what had happened at some other hall. Don't remember all of the details of the story, but here are the basics.

Some speaker was giving the memorial talk, and started going into the part about the bread and the wine being emblems of Christ. Well instead of the usual company line about 144k, he said that everyone should partake. Of course some grumblings start up when he goes off tangent, but he doesn't stop. Eventually he is forcibly removed from the stage, and I assume out of the hall. Somebody else gets up there and finishes out the talk the "right way" of course.

The guy who told me the story I think was there from around 84 to 89, but I could be off a bit, just a guess. So I was wondering if this incident happened in the early 80's, or maybe its just some sort of apostate urban legend. Just wondering if it was true and if any know of more details...

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Guess it might be and urban legend....

• cantleave
    cantleave

I gave a memorial talk knowing it was complete BS last year. But I followed the formula.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit