Why DO Horrible Things Happen, Anyway?

by Farkel 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Farkel
    Farkel

The insane things that occur to people who just happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time is scary and creepy to me. A little girl is holding her teddy bear and as a coincidence is tragically on that same street when a bunch of gang-bangers decide to stage a gun fight because someone looked cross-eyed at one of their girl friends (you mamy insert any other bullshit reason here), so they start shooting and the little girl is shot and killed because she is innocently in their cross-fire. When captured and arrested, the gang-bangers says they are "sorry" for snuffing out the life of that little girl. Too little, too late and they had to be captured to even say that.

what's the point? The point is, Where is God when this stuff happens? Is God so uncaring that he would let his children, he very own creation, die for bullshit reasons? The obvious answer is "yes." What kind of a Father, nay, what kind of a CREATOR is that, I ask? The proof is He lets this stuff happen all the time, yearly, monthly, daily, minute-by-minute; he lets this stuff happen in every corner of the world, in every Country, every province and He has let this stuff happen since humans became humans.

There are several possible answers.

1) There is no God, and we are left here on our own and nothing we do matters.

2) There is a God, who chooses to let us be left on our own and nothing we do matters.

3) There is a God, who chooses to let us be left on our own and it appears that nothing we do matters, but what we do does matter, but we won't know how or why until some future point.

4) Everything we think that matters, doesn't matter at all. It's just a big game and nobody got hurt at all. We just believed they did. Our life is like a movie, and we believe it is all real, but it isn't. We are in our own "movie" that we created for ourselves and for our own entertainment, and that's it! Just like in a regular movie, the actor who was just murdered, gets up, dusts himself off, leaves the movie set and has a drink at the bar after the scene is shot. (I'm very fond of this idea, no matter-how-insane-it is!)

5) Jehovah will kill 99.99% of the humans on this planet "real soon now" and solve every problem, using mass genocide as His cure and install JW Elders-from-hell to rule the new Earth as His "solution."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Ok. There are many more possibilities, but I think we can rule out #5 as the rabid insanity of raving Religious Printing Corporation lunatics, don't you?

Farkel, Rambling Musings CLASS

• journey-on
    journey-on
    4) Everything we think that matters, doesn't matter at all. It's just a big game and nobody got hurt at all. We just believed they did. Our life is like a movie, and we believe it is all real, but it isn't. We are in our own "movie" that we created for ourselves and for our own entertainment, and that's it! Just like in a regular movie, the actor who was just murdered, gets up, dusts himself off, leaves the movie set and has a drink at the bar after the scene is shot. (I'm very fond of this idea, no matter-how-insane-it is!)
    Spooky, Farkel, that this would be one of your choices. I actually had a dream very similar to this idea!!!!
  • LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Yes spooky indeed....your #5 gave me a flashback to some delusional elders who looked forward to the time when they would be "princes" in the new world.

The little girl killed in your story is the lucky one. The pain continues for years for the little girl who is molested and has to figure out why that happened for the next 70 years of her life....That why I lean toward your #1 or your #2. If I was God you bet your britches I wouldn't let this stuff to keep happening. Oh I forgot, Jah has a big wager with Satan that he has to make his five bucks back on.....

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

If there is a god, and I totally allow the possibility, he is so far removed from us as to be irrelevant.

Unlike my alcohol, which has made be drunk.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Farkel - I know of some people I could send round to knock on your door and help you answer those very questions !! Lol

Loz x

• Farkel
    Farkel

loz,

:Farkel - I know of some people I could send round to knock on your door and help you answer those very questions !!

Obviously, you don't know much about me! I could have any dub, MS, PO, DO or GB member drooling all over themselves in a few minutes. I am one of the worst, if not THE worst apostates-from-hell, with the knowledge and logic and words to make any dub wish they never came anywhere near me. I don't do many things well, but one of the things I'm pretty darn good at doing is destroying WT doctrine myths, fallacies and reducing crusading dubs into crybabies who are cornered without any arguments left to hurl back except personal insults.

Farkel

• AGuest
    AGuest

Greetings, dear Daddy-O... and peace to you!

You might find the first post on page 3 of the following helpful:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/197473/3/The-Master-spoke-to-me-this-morning

Or not. You know how it goes. Anyway, as always, peace to you and may JAH bless!

Your servant, friend and a slave of Christ,

Shel

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

I think the most logical choice is one except I would modify it.

There is no god, we are left here on our own, and everything we do matters (at least to someone).

I can see why you would follow with the conclusion that nothing matters, and in one sense that is correct, if by mattering you mean: makes a difference to whether we all eventually die or not.

But perhaps there are more ways to matter than just living forever. Everything we do can make a difference in our own or someone elses life in the present moment, even if that difference is temporary.

Your story of the girl was a perfect example. Does it matter in the long term scheme of the universe (if there is one) that she's gone, like so many before her? Maybe not. And one day, everyone who ever knew her will also be gone. But it DOES matter right now to her parents and those who loved her and knew her, not to have the comfort and joy of having her around in their lives.

A wise man told me a story once, of an old man on a beach where hundreds of starfish had washed up and were drying and dying in the sun. He was picking them up and tossing them back into the water. Another man came along and asked him why he was bothering? They were all going to die eventually anyway, so what did it matter to save one or two now? The old man looked at him, picked up another starfish, threw it into the water and said, "It matters to that one."

• Heaven
    Heaven

My ex believes this is all some big lab experiment with God being the Mad Scientist and us being the rats in a maze. It sounds as good as any explanation to me.

For me, personally, it boils down to one thing -- Love. It is my measuring stick. If it is not loving, I don't buy into it.

There are fundamental truths in this life. One of them is:

You must be active, present, and loving with someone to have a real relationship with them. If there truly was a God, he/she/it would be active, present, and loving with all of us instead of an absentee landlord.

When I was a kid, my Mom told me that God turned his back on all mankind because we were so evil. I found that very strange considering that I hadn't even been born yet and he'd already given up on me. Oh well... his loss.

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

cg sez,

But perhaps there are more ways to matter than just living forever. Everything we do can make a difference in our own or someone elses life in the present moment, even if that difference is temporary.

Wow, you figured it out, my friend.

So did I.

When I am REALLY dead and gone, a few people will remember me for awhile. But so what?

So far, life has brought many new adventures since I died.

That is what makes life worth it.

I can kill the lizard. Or at least fool him.

Randy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit