Who does the H. Spirit indwell according to the Watchtower?

by james46888 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Hadit
    Hadit

LOL . . . being cheeky are we?

• james46888
    james46888

"Par 2: However, is there any difference between being baptized with holy spirit and being baptized in the name of the holy spirit? Yes. Those who are baptized with holy spirit are born again as spirit-begotten sons of God. They are anointed . . . part of the spiritual body of Christ."

Thanks to everyone who has helped provide me with all these quotes. I really appreciate the help :). Concerning the above, I guess I'll have to re-show my JW friend Romans 8:8-9 and compare it with 1 John 2:27, which seems to show that "anointing" equates with indwelling.

Also, when it says that the anointed are "part" of the body of Christ, does this mean they believe that the body of Christ is the 144,000 and that the great crowd are not part of the Body?. I ask becase the JW I am talking to claimed that all Christians are part of the body, not just the 144,000.

• Hadit
    Hadit

Hi James: You could ask him if he partakes of the emblems. ONLY those who are part of Christ's body (144,000) partake. The rest of us DENY the body of Christ.

I understand where he is coming from because like I said - the way they word certain things is very deceptive and people think they are following scripture but they are following the WTS interpretation of scripture. They say that Christ is the mediator for the 144,000 only - not the great crowd. Another deception - yet most witnesses think that Christ is their mediator.

A few more quotes:

WT 2008 6/15 pg 12:

6:3-5—What is meant by baptismin to Christ Jesus and baptismin to his death? When Jehovah anoints followers of Christ with the holy spirit, they are united with Jesus and become members of the congregation that is the body of Christ, he being the Head. (1 Cor. 12:12, 13, 27; Col. 1:18) This is their baptism into Christ Jesus. Anointed Christians are also “baptized into [Christ’s] death” in that they live a life of sacrifice and renounce any hope of everlasting life on earth. Their death, therefore, is a sacrificial one, as was Jesus’ death, though their death does not have ransoming value. This baptism into Christ’s death is completed when they die and are resurrected to life in heaven.

This is our role:

WT 2008 1/15 pg 6:

6 The willing support given to anointed Christians by their companions of the other sheep was foretold by the prophet Isaiah. He wrote: “This is what Jehovah has said: ‘The unpaid laborers of Egypt and the merchants of Ethiopia and the Sabeans, tall men, will themselves come over even to you, and yours they will become. Behind you they will walk.’” (Isa. 45:14) In a symbolic way, Christians with an earthly hope today walk behind the anointed slave class and its Governing Body, following their leadership. As “unpaid laborers,” the other sheep willingly and wholeheartedly expend their strength and their resources in support of the worldwide preaching work that Christ assigned to his anointed followers on earth.—Acts 1:8; Rev. 12:17.

I added this last quote to show you that they go against scripture when it says “do not be calling anyone your leader” and to show that the great crowd is in NO WAY considered part of Christ’s body – we are in essence told to worship the FD&S as Christ’s body on earth. They are sickeningly deceptive.

I hope this helps!

• watersprout
    watersprout

So, according to the Watch Tower, what IS the NAME of the holy spirit? Jahchque Misheuewah?

According to the watchtower, Christ's heavenly name is Micheal. My Lords name is Jaheshua Mischajah, just so you know how to spell it next time you want to mock.

Peace and light

• Terry
    Terry

The least clearly defined character, thing, or personage in scripture is the HOLY SPIRIT!

Why?

It is a sort of gloss. It is the original deus ex machina (machine of the gods) which brings about the desired conclusion to a poorly written story.

The UNforgiveable sin is the sin against Holy Spirit.

You'll have to search high and low to get two christians to agree even on what that sin might be!!

Very suspicious if you ask me.

• james46888
    james46888

"What is meant by baptism into Christ Jesus and baptism into his death? When Jehovah anoints followers of Christ with the holy spirit, they are united with Jesus and become members of the congregation that is the body of Christ, he being the Head. (1 Cor. 12:12, 13, 27; Col. 1:18)"

Thanks, I'll have to show him this quote, since it seems very clear from this that they believe entrance into the body comes through Spirit baptism, and yet elsewhere they state that Spirit baptism is only for the 144,000, thereby leaving out the great crowd from the Body.

"Anointed Christians are also "baptized into [Christ's] death" in that they live a life of sacrifice"

This statement of their's would seem to be a big problem in light of Romans 6 where it notes that those who have died (obviously, contextually it's not speaking about physical death when it talks of dying and being crucified with Christ) are freed from sin. Using JW "logic," this passage would seem to suggest that those who haven't been baptised into His death are not freed from sin, and since in their view only the anointed are baptised into His death, then this would mean - again, using their own interpretation against them - that the great crowd have not been freed from sin.

Thanks again :)

• Hadit
    Hadit

YW

using their own interpretation against them - that the great crowd have not been freed from sin.

Exactly - the great crowd has not been freed from sin that is why they have to continue to prove their faith, work hard, pray, study, be obedient to the slave and then . . . maybe . . . they can make it through the big A. Then after that they are still not free until after the 1,000 years when those that made it without sinning get proclaimed as sons of God. However, if those sons of God choose to sin - they are destroyed! So no immortality for the other sheep - only the anointed who are declared righteous as sons of God. They are declared righteous by HS NOW.

It's all twisting of scripture and man made elitist bs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit