Goodie night

by PYRAMIDSCHEME 14 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I am not surprised. They take away all the gatherings outside the boasting sessions. First, the rollerskating parties. Then, the picnics and ball-games (such as baseball, flag football, and the like). Now, they have virtually zero gatherings except at the boasting sessions and field circus.

Yes, the goodie nights went the way of the book study as a separate meeting. They never have these when the whole congregation is at the Kingdumb Hell. Whether goodie nights were being phased out or not (they were not common where I was) before, the end of the separate book study put the kabosh on the whole thing. And, something tells me that the coffee break in field circus might be next--they might in fact put an official 15 minute time limit (and they had better have someone time it) or your field circus time stops. Or, they might just make you stop your time altogether--or, if enough people cheat on their time by including coffee break time anyways, outright ban it. And I hope the whole religion simply falls apart--I hear the Catholic church has a full roster of social activity.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

We used to have "goodie night" once a month. I remember having my first slice of Applesauce cake as a kid and thinking it was out of this world good. Our Book Study group started meeitng on Monday night to go over the Watchtower for the following Sunday. The Elders put a stop to it as it wasn't a WT sanctioned arrangement. I remember when the book study conductor announced this, my mom being annoyed by this and saying " apparently we can still get together on Monday night so long as we don't study the Watchtower or talk about the Bible...? "

• ssn587
    ssn587

actual fellowship {goodie night}with one's supposed brothers and sisters was only really accomplished at the CBS and especially the goodie night, but as we all know having a good time is strictly not allowed. Can't believe people just swallow this bull up and do nothing about it. Lemmings all, they don't think and anyone thinking is definitely a danger to them. they should have a sign on the entrance door of all K.H.s and that being thinking is not allowed on the premises it has been determined by the WTBTS that it presents a danger and thereby is not allowed.

In smaller letter below, no smiling or having a good short talk with anyone, absolutely no fun, no enjoyment, afterall you are the happiest people in the world why would you need fellowship or fun. It's a job lets get to work.

If they did have such on entrance doors there would still be zombies coming in.

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Goodie night disappeared because now what was the bookstudy is combined with another meeting at the KH. Bookstudy was the only meeting I really enjoyed because it did allow people to get to know one another on a more personal basis, and it provided an opportunity for more in-depth studying and commenting.

I think it was a strategic error on the part of JWs to get rid of it. Now they are even more like every other church where people run in and run out. At our local KH, you should see the cars peeling out of the KH parking lot within 15 minutes of the meeting ending...they can't wait to get out!

• White Dove
    White Dove

www.firstfollowers.com/serving/breakingbread/html

Acts 2:22-47

The WTS is, once again, violating a biblical principle.

I've visited churches where every Sunday was a goody day.

The UU's and Assembly of God churches are very big on food after services.

And, you can eat yourself blind after a Wiccan/Pagan ritual.

I didn't notice that Catholics had anything at all after their masses, but if they have a full social calendar, then that serves the purpose quite well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit