Afghanistan: The only country that Jehovah's Witnesses havent 'reached'

by Joliette 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Joliette
    Joliette

My mother was telling me that the only country that JW's havent reached is Afghaninstan? I guess it said this in a recent yearbook. If this is true, what are the risk entering into this country? I hear its pretty dangerous.

• fokyc
    fokyc

Sorry but that doesn't appear to be correct!

Here is an extract from the 1971 Year Book

*** yb71 pp. 232-233 Country Reports (Part Two) ***
    AFGHANISTAN Population: 14,000,000
    Peak Publishers: 7 Ratio: 1 to 2,000,000
    A very fine year’s activity has been carried on by the small group of publishers in Afghanistan. The circuit servant is able to visit twice a year and the brothers never fail to attend the three assemblies held in Pakistan each year.

There may well be no publishers there now!

• teel
    teel

Haven't reached? They haven't reached at least half of the countries. Having one missionary couple for a few years talking with 100 people I don't call "reached the country". So no, it's not true.

A few years ago I was visiting Tunisia (a muslim country), and being a JW I looked up the status there. They were thoroughly missing - I found a mention in an 80s WT about a missionary couple that went there, and that's all. The country is not dangerous - I had great fun as a tourist. The people are nice, different than western culture, but very far from dangerous fanatics.

However knowing them a little I am sure they would literally kick your ass if you started going door to door there, and probably that was exactly what happened to those missionaries. Nothing life threatening, but so useless that your average FS experience doesn't even come close to it.

• Joliette
    Joliette

Wow...I dont know where my mom heard that. Maybe she meant in recent years?

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

What about North Korea,Mongolia,Somalia,Iraq etc?

Bangalore

• designs
    designs

They could do a fly-over in a Cessna and drop leaflets, that way the END would come

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

there are many they haven't reached they may have very minor pockets that may have reached the minute christian communities of these countries but it just goes to show how pathetic and ineffective the world wide work really is, I'll do a list please add more if any one can think of any, I'll start with the big ones

India,China,Pakistan,Bangladesh,Saudi Arabia,Iran Iraq and Indonesia

Thailand,Laos,Vietnam,Cambodia,Malaysia,Singapore,North Korea,Myanmar,Nepal,

UAE,Bahrain,Oman,Yemen,Qatar, Kuwait,Tunisia,Egypt,Libya,Algeria,Syria,Somalia,Senegal

Uzbekistan,Kazakhstan,Azerbaijan,Turkmenistan,Kyrgyzstan,Afghanistan.

I would not mind betting that the population of these nations possibly amounts to 2/3 billion and I wouldn't mind betting that there is less then a 1000 dubs amongst the lot of them

• free2beme
    free2beme

Well, you know what Witnesses always say ... If we did not reach them, then Jehovah wanted them to die.

Ever wonder, why would a God recognize the ever changing definition of 'lands' as defined by man in borders of countries???? Wouldn't the term 'lands' have a more realistic meaning of 'regions' or 'cultures' as seen from a being that is suppose to be able to see all places and in all moments? Also, how do we not know that this same god would not want this message preached to the billions of locations in other planets and galaxies? Perhaps the preaching work does not end until we have inter galactic travel. LOL

Sorry, always have to make light of JW and Chritianity silliness.

• MMXIV
    MMXIV

and not forgetting the countries that have been supposedly reached...

just because some stuttering teenager knocks on your door when you're busy and tries to give you some uninteresting magazines that resemble the big issue without the benefit of celeb endorsements - that isn't seriously "reaching" anyone. And there'll be a huge % of the UK population who haven't even had any contact with JW's. It's a farce despite all the hours they actually do.

MMXIV

• free2beme
    free2beme

I think the proper term is they pay LIP service

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit